039

november 10th, 2020
10:02 pm

SUNDAY STUFFED A TEXTBOOK into her bag as she walked

The walk from the library to her dorm on the other side of campus was always a long trek but at night it seemed to drag on.

Sunday had gotten so caught up in studying for her Comparative Politics class that she had lost track of time.

The sun had gone down an hour and some change ago and the wind was frigid and strong causing Sunday to tighten her scarf and zip up her jacket a little more.

Her AirPods were blasting an old Giveon song on low and she kept one hand in her pocket where her mace resided just in case she needed it.

Sunday walked past the dining hall and the student center where a group of boys, both black and white, were standing near the front, their chattering loud enough that she could hear them past her music.

"Aye! Aye, chocolate!" The leader, a caucasian boy with golden locks called out to her.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Sunday picked up her pace just a tad, her hand wrapping around the miniature black spray bottle in her pocket.

"Ooh, she got glasses. I like that." The boy on the side with skin matching Sunday's grinned.

Sunday walked a little faster after she heard the group of boys move away from their original spot.

This can't be happening to me.

Sunday glanced around her, but there was no one and nothing that could help her if the boys behind her decided to do something drastic.

So she tightened her grip on the mace and began to pray that they would just leave her alone.

Fuck, I wish that B.J was here.

Her dorm was still a fifteen minute walk from where she was and Sunday's heart was beginning to race so fast from panic, she was more than half sure that she was about to pass out.

"Aw, don't be like that!" The leader raced ahead to stand in front of Sunday, causing her to jump back in alarm.

She plucked out one AirPod then the other one and stuffed them in her other pocket, causing her music to pause, "Excuse me."

Sunday struggled to keep her voice even so that the group didn't know that she was afraid and tried to walk around the leader but he simply slid to the side to end up in front of her once more.