Chapter 54

Miles's POV

I felt bloated. My back keeps aching. I often get cramps on my legs. The pain is too much. I am too heavy. I gained about 40 pounds I guess.

I am six months pregnant now and Cade became more protective than ever.

Today, we are going to the hospital his daddy referred.

I feel like I am a VIP because of the guards who are following us. We need to go there for an ultrasound and to check the place where I am giving birth.

We waited for Cade to come home before we left the mansion.

It feels awkward to be surrounded by men in black. Bruno is always around me as Cade's orders because he trusts that guy the most.

"Are you excited, baby? The doctor will tell Bruno the gender. We will have a gender reveal party at the weekend. How about that?" My hubby asked me.

"Seriously? Bruno? Will he be in charge of the party? I guess it would be boring...as boring as him." I uttered and Bruno looked at me through the car rear mirror. Creepy as ever.

The car parked in front of the hospital's entrance. I was about to open the door when Cade held my hand. "Ten minutes, baby."

We waited for 10 minutes before the Elites are sure that the area is secured. Fucking unreal. This is actually my first time to go to a public place with 30 plus guards with us.
It was Sir Kai's order so we need to follow.
So there's a ten minutes rule before going out? This is the first time I heard about this protocol. Maybe because our destination most of the time is his parents' and great-grandparents' house.

He waited for Bruno to get out of the car and open the door for me.

Only six guards are allowed to be with us so the others are positioned outside the hospital.

Everyone knows Cade here. Everyone is greeting us and I am responding with a light nod...but this guy beside me doesn't care at all. "Baby, they'll think of you as a rude, smile."

"Nope, if you smile at one of them, you should smile to everyone to be fair. So I decided to just ignore everyone." What an excuse from this Ice Prince, Cade?!

We stopped at the huge door at the end of the hallway. This must be the room. Cade checked the place and asked me if this is good enough. He said I will be staying here after I gave birth. This recovery room is very spacious. They are not allowing anyone to use it anymore so it will be ready once I delivered my babies. There is a nursery section already with complete stuff. They are not excited, aren't they?

Sir Cole entered the room too. Why is he here? I think that he has the most time among all the Kiriguns. He is always free. Sir Kai entered too. So probably his dad just followed the wifey here. I will understand if his papa is here because he is the commander of Elites.

"Sit down first, babe. The doctor is running late." Papa told me.

I heard Sir Cole asking him why Sir Kai called me babe. It's for him only I guess. He is not jealous but he doesn't want his wifey calling anyone babe except him. Very Kaiden Colleen. They are father and son indeed.

I just sat on the couch while Cade is busy checking the room. I'll be just staying here for like few days but he is acting like I am too going to live in this room.

Bruno opened the door to inform me that the doctor has arrived.

We headed to his office. I was asked to lie down on the bed. He performed a Congenital Anomaly Scan to examine the parts of the baby so we can detect if something is wrong with the triplets. The doctor confirmed that there is no defect aside from the smallest one who seems to be weaker than the two.