One

OCTAVIA

I huff as I sit on the train, throwing my bags on the top. I lean my back against the window and throw my legs up on the seat, I close my eyes but the compartment door opens. I open my eyes and look to see Maeve walking in, I sigh and close my eyes again.

"How was your summer?" She asks.

"Fun, mostly spent it with Seamus," I shrug, keeping my eyes closed. "What about you?"

"We visited my grandparents in Germany for a few weeks, other than that.." Maeve trails off and I open my eyes to look at her.

"What did you do now?"

"Why do you always assume I did something bad?!" She asks throwing her hands up.

"You're Maeve, anything you do is bad," I chuckle but she's not phased.

"Fuck you, and it's not anything bad. I met a boy," she shrugs.

"Who?" I ask.

"His name is Omar Diaz, and oh my Merlin, this man is so fine," she groans.

"Is he from Hogwarts? Or just a wizard in general?" I ask raising my eyebrow at her.

"Yes he is." She rolls her eyes, "he's transferring from Durmstrang this year."

"For you?"

"No, he just didn't like that school anymore I guess? He was also visiting his own family," she smiles.

"How old is he?"

"Quit with the questions Via, but he's 18."

"Finally someone close to your age," I laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asks crossing her arms.

"All the guys you've liked have been professors," I say, leaning back on the seat normally.

"You're so annoying," she groans before standing up.

"And where are you going?"

"Away from you," she mumbles before leaving.

"She's going to be the death of me," I sigh before leaning back on the window with my eyes closed.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep, I hear the door open again. Thinking that it's just Maeve, I don't say anything, but then the door closes and I don't feel her presence near me. I open my eyes but don't see anyone, I stand up and open the door, peaking my head out but no ones there.

I just shrug and close the door, that's when the strong cologne hit me. It was a guy, probably had the wrong one but didn't want to say anything because he thought I was sleeping. Whatever.

(Hogwarts)

I get all my bags before getting out of the train, Maeve follows behind me.

"You excited to see your boy toy?" I tease her.

"Boy toy? Who said he's not my boyfriend?" She says making me look at her.

"What?"

"You and a boyfriend? Yeah right," I chuckle.

"Your such a bitch, I really hope you know that," she says.

"Thank you, I get it from my mom."

"Oh my! That's him!" She yells making me jump a little.

"It's Omar, bye!" She yells before running off.

"You ass!" I yell before running after her.

I run after her even though I'm struggling with holding my bags, then I run into someone and fall onto my ass. Great. I look down and start picking up my things before standing in front of the person.

It's the same person who came into my compartment, I recognize the cologne.

I look up to see brown eyes staring into mine, I look the guy up and down. His curly hair all over the place, his hands shoved into his pockets, and a boring look on his face.

"You should watch where you walk," I say.

"You were the one running," he says.

"And you didn't see me running?" He doesn't say anything, he just keeps eye contact with me for a few seconds before walking past me.

I can already tell he's trouble.