His Sweetheart

Thank you for the title suggestion LunessaMargo

Third Person POV
"Habibti... wake up, sweetheart..." Damian whispers in Marinette's ear.

"Nnnnnn... no," she groans and turns away. Curling further into the comforter.

"Marinette... you have to get up," Damian whispers sadly. Then, with blatant agitation and annoyance, "Agreste shall be back from his business trip today."

"Uuuugggggg!!! Don't ruin my morning, Habibi," Marinette groans and wraps her arms around his strong, bare shoulders and brings him into a kiss.

He lets out a groan and kisses her passionately for a few seconds before pulling apart. "You have to go, love. Plus, I need to get back to Gotham for a meeting."

"Fiiiinnnnneeeee!!!!" Marinette huffs and falls back onto the bed. "... Where's my bra?"

Time Skip: Later That Day
Marinette makes sure the house was clean, puts on an off-the-shoulder grey sweater and leggings, prepares dinner and dessert, and texts Damian. Around 8:04 PM, there is the sound of the door unlocking.

Marinette takes a deep breath, texts Damian 'He's home, talk to you later 😘', and goes to the front door. As the door opens, she puts on a large smile and runs into Adrien's arms. "Hi to you too, Bluebell," Adrien chuckles and wraps his arms around her lovingly.

"I'm glad you're back..." Marinette whispers. "A week was too long," 'not long enough.' "How was the conference?"

"Great. Sorry I was gone for so long, Mar. It wasn't too lonely, was it?" he asks with a worried tone and pecks her lips.

"I managed..." Marinette murmurs into the crook of his neck and holds him tighter. She barely manages to repress a sigh of annoyance and fails to stop her eyes from rolling before adding in a soft voice, "but it's fine. After all, you're home now. Right?" and looks up at him with doe eyes.

He looks at her with a guilty expression. "Well..."

"No!" Marinette protests 'Of course... Wonder if I'm going to Dami's house this time?' "Not another conference! When?" adding a pout for good measure.

"In a week..." Adrien confesses while scratching his neck. "It'll only be a day or two this time. I promise."

Marinette holds his gaze for a bit and sighs in defeat, "Well, let's at least enjoy this week together. Okay? I made quiche for you. Your favorite," and kisses him, pretending that he was Damian to convincingly make it seem to be filled with love and longing.

"You're the best, sweetheart," Adrien beams. 'Nope. Nah. Doesn't sound right coming from Adrien,' Marinette internally gags.

Time Skip: Later That Day
After letting Adrien have his way with her and pretending to be into it, she acts as if she's fallen asleep and waits for Adrien to sleep to be able to text Damian.

'He's finally asleep'
'I already miss you Habibi'

'Finally. I hope that he didn't touch you too much. You are mine after all. I miss you as well, Habibti. I'm guessing your dear husband already has another unexpected meeting or something along that line that he can't avoid soon?'

'Damian... you know can't exactly stop him from having sex with me'
'But it meant absolutely nothing to me'
'If it makes you feel any better though, he's horrible compared to you'

''It doesn't.

'I know... I'm sorry Dami'

'It's fine. I understand.'

'Anyway, you are correct'
'He has to go away in a week for a day or two'
'My place or yours?'

'Let's decide once we know all the details of his trip. Though I am warning you now that I shall rid every touch of his from your body.'

'Can't wait 😉'
'I'm going to sleep now'
'Love you, Habibi'

'Not as much as I, Habibti. Sleep well.'

Three days later Marinette and Adrien Agreste were hosting a party to celebrate Adrien's company's latest achievements. During said party, Marinette put on a smile and acted like a dotting and loving wife while flitting about and tending to the guests. Adrien had been texting quite frequently during to party causing quite a few to whisper about how Adrien was such a diligent worker and was willing to work at a party.

"Honey, is something wrong?" Marinette asks him while plastering on a concerned face and handing him a glass of champagne. She then took a sip of hers and added, "You've been on your phone for a good portion of the evening. You should be celebrating your achievements."

"We'll talk about it later, Mar..." Adrien tells her with a smile that seems a bit forced.

"Okay..." Marinette whispers and gives him a soft kiss on the lips. She then goes to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Marinette..." Tikki whispers. "How much longer are you going to let this go on."

"Don't give me that look," Marinette sighs and rubs her temple. "The media will be bad enough when we divorce. The best thing for me is to not be the one that breaks off the marriage and don't forget that this is all Adrien's fault, not mine."

"You could have ended it before it got so out of hand though," Tikki scolds. "You should have divorced Adrien BEFORE you even kissed Damian. Now the two of you are sneaking off together every time Adrien is away and the chance of you being put in the spotlight by the media is higher than ever. They'll have evidence that you've bee-"

"Tikki..." Marinette hisses before regaining her composure. "Damian and I have made sure not to leave any evidence. There is nothing that anyone can use to prove our relationship. We've had this conversation far too many times for my liking. Can't you please just drop the matter and let me enjoy the one good thing that came out of marrying Adrien?" She pleads to Tikki who gives her a be-careful look and nods.

With a tired sigh, Marinette straightens herself and goes back to the party. Unfortunately, Alya was in Metropolis to shadow Lois Lane and Alix was doing something in Rome so Marinette was alone at the party since all her other friends left her during lycee and Nino had been busy throughout the entire evening.

With a genuine-looking smile, Marinette goes back into the party and continues to befriend the guests. Once the party was over and all the guests had left, Marinette slumps against the door and lets out a tired huff. 'Now I just need to coax Adrien to retire early and I can finally talk to Damian,' Marinette thinks as the exhaustion seeps into her bones.

"Adrien? Honey, where are you?" Marinette's voice echos in through their house. "Adrie-" Marinette starts before letting out a small shriek as she sees Adrien waiting for her around the corner. "Jesus, Adrien... you scared me!" Marinette says with her hand over her chest.

She lightly hits his chest and looks up to his face to see his stoic face. "Adrien? Did something happen? Does this have to do with the messages?" Marinette asks while placing a concerned face on to cover her eye roll and mentally crossing her fingers.

"Yeah," he replies with a dead voice. "I want a divorce."