31: It's not a dog!

Y/n's pov

"It's not like it was before. It's grown." Hopper recounted to our group in the kitchen.

Hopper was leaning against the counter as the majority of us circled the table, but nonetheless listened intently to the chief of police.

"A lot. And I mean, that's considering we can get in there. That place is crawling with those dogs." Hopper said.

"Demodogs." Dustin corrected.

Lucas and I looked to each other, silently shaking our heads before I dropped my forehead down onto his shoulder in exhaustion. Lucas quietly chuckled and I lifted my head up to see a confused and irritated Hopper.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper asked flatly.

"I said, uh, demodogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. Like, you put them together, it sounds pretty badass-" Dustin tried to explain.

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asked.

"It's not. He's sorry." I answered for Dustin.

"Yeah." Dustin agreed.

"I can do it." El suddenly spoke up.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper said, shaking his head protectively.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it." El repeated confidentially.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike cut in, looking around the room.

"I thought that was the whole point." Max asked.

"It is, but if we're really right about this...I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..." Mike said.

"Will's apart of that army." Lucas said.

Mike nodded gravely.

"Closing the gate will kill him." I said.

We all look around with matching expressions before Joyce walked away in the direction of Will.

We all closely followed her until we came to Jonathan's room with a sleeping Will.

He was sleeping on top of the blankets and it was oddly cold in the room.

"He likes it cold..." Joyce muttered, looking at the open window.

"What?" Hopper asked, looking between Will and Joyce.

"That's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold." Joyce said, walking across the room and shutting the window.

"We keep giving it what it wants." She said.

"If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." Nancy started, nodding.

"...then we need to make the host uninhabitable." Jonathan finished.

"So if he likes it cold..." Nancy said, trailing off.

"We need to burn it out of him." Joyce confirmed.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike said.

"Yeah somewhere far away from here." Dustin said.

"I think I know a place." Said Hopper.