| thirty seven |

Chapter.37

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte lounged on her pool chair next to her L.A home pool. She basked in the sun with Gucci sunglasses on and explored her feelings and mind. While thinking, she realized she didn't treat Aubrey fairly, she knew that he didn't cheat. But she let her emotions get the best of her, and she made Aubrey feel like it was something to do with him. Aubrey asking her, "What did I do wrong?" kept repeating in her head. She felt a great deal of guilt over the situation.

She was about to flip over on her stomach so she could tan evenly when she heard her son yell, "Momma! Guess what?" Charlotte looked over and saw that Lucious and Drake were walking their way over to her. Aubrey had changed from earlier and was now wearing a black t-shirt with a white jersey over it.

Charlotte sat up on the the lounge chair and crossed her legs. "What bub'?" She noticed he had a small silver chain around his neck, something he was not wearing when they got off the plane.

Lucious placed one hand on his mother's knee and another grabbed his new chain. "Prince gave me a new necklace!" Prince was one of Drake's younger friends.

"Really?" Charlotte smiled and ran her fingers through Lucious's curls, "Your hair is still wet." Aubrey spoke up and said, "Man was not trynna get out the pool until the second we had to leave."

Charlotte raised her eyebrow at her son, "You were a good boy right?" Lucious nodded his head immediately. Charlotte looked up at her boyfriend for conformation, "He was good," Aubrey told her.

Lucious tilted his head to the side, "When do I see dad?" Charlotte uncrossed her legs and swung them over the lounge chairs side, "Delilah is going to bring you after we get your bag ready."

Lucious asked his mother, "My bag in my room?" Charlotte nodded her head, and Lucious didn't wait a second longer to start running full sprint to his room.

Charlotte shook her head, "That kid has so much energy," She told Aubrey as they walked into the Hidden Hills home. Charlotte noticed that Aubrey had a smirk on his face, "What?" She asked him.

He looked down at her ass and told her, "Nothing. You just look fire, nothing new."
Charlotte chuckled at him and continued to walk. Drake felt relief wash over him, she was getting better already even after a couple of hours by herself.

They both got into the home and Drake stopped and told his girlfriend, "GG' I got to head to the house. I got Khalid over there ready to record something real quick. If you need me, please call me. I love you." Charlotte said that she loved him to. "Tell Luc' I say bye," Drake quickly told Charlotte before he walked out of the house.

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte sat on her couch and watched Marcel Gerard and Klaus Mikealson fight for the thousandth time on her tv screen. She laid on her couch with a fluffy throw blanket over her.

Delilah had brought Lucious to his father's house a couple of hours before and had gone home herself. So Charlotte tried to enjoy her time home alone, doing so, she realized that she hadn't lived or been alone for long periods of time ever in her life. She lived with her parents, then the Kardashian family, then her college roommate, then Kylie, then Chris, and most recently Lucious and most of the time Aubrey. The sound of quietness irked her nerves, so she almost had the tv on full blast. The thoughts of getting a family dog ran through her mind in these hours.