Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen

Songs for this chapter:
• Welcome To New York - Taylor Swift

Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen:

Lexi's POV

I take one last deep breath before pushing open the rehearsal room door and stepping inside.

My eyes rapidly scan the room. One wall is completely mirrored with a ballet barre running across the length, the other filled with windows that give a dazzling view of the New York City streets.

In the corner of the room, a group of people are standing and chatting animatedly around a speaker playing soft music from The Phantom of the Opera. They're all wearing casual dance attire, and as I scan the faces before I begin to approach them, my gaze lands on one awfully familiar looking face and my heart skips a beat.

"Mac?"

He turns to face me and his eyes meet mine.

His face lights up in recognition and my heart swells to twice its usual side.

"Lexi Brooks. Funny seeing you here," he says with the biggest grin I have ever seen.

A laugh bubbles up from my chest and before I even know what I'm doing, my feet are carrying me towards him and I'm running straight into his arms.

I tackle him down onto the ground and we collapse in a laughing heap.

He hugs me back just as hard as I'm squeezing him as he murmurs, "You have no clue how happy I am to see you. What a full-circle moment."

I laugh. "Christine and Raoul all over again, huh?"

He nods and sits up. I do the same and we unwrap ourselves from each other's arms with an awkward glance at the rest of the people in the room.

Malcolm pushes to his feet first and then offers me a hand. I place my hand in his and allow him to pull me up to my feet.

I smooth down the sweatshirt I'm wearing over my leggings and leotard and give the rest of the room my biggest, brightest smile. "Hi. I'm Lexi."

A man with hazel eyes and deep brown skin steps forward from the group and holds out a hand towards me. "I'm James. I've been playing Erik for a few months now."

I shake his hand quickly and then feel stupid for how enthusiastic of a handshake I just gave.

I tuck my hands into the front pocket of my sweater out of embarrassment, but James doesn't seem fazed by my attitude and instead smiles broadly at me.

I feel one of Malcolm's hands on my shoulder and I spin around to face him.

"I still can't believe this is real," I whisper. "It feels like a dream. Christine Daaé on Broadway. I can't even explain how hard I cried when I got the email that I booked the job."

Everyone in the room chuckles, and Malcolm uses his hand on my shoulder to spin me around to face the rest of the group.

"It's all real, Lexi," he promises me. "It's not just a dream anymore. It's your reality now."

A/N: Our Blossom finally gets to live out her dream <3

I wonder what that means for her and Bryce's relationship ;)

Also MAC IS BACK.