First Fights

The first fight would be Shinsou Hitoshi versus Monoma Neito. Izuku didn't recognize either name, though, so they were probably from different classes. Despite his anxiety at the thought of having to fight Kirishima in the future, he found himself bubbling with excitement at the idea of having new quirks to analyze. He had even brought one of his notebooks with him!

Kirishima chuckled at his excited grin, sitting next to him in the stands. "You sure are excited."

Izuku nodded sheepishly, "Yeah, I've always liked watching the Sports Festival with my mom... There's so many cool quirks..."

Before Kirishima could reply, however, Present Mic yelled "For our first match, we have the dark horse for gen ed, Shinsou Hitoshi!!" As the purple haired boy walked onto his side of the arena, recognition sparked in Izuku's eyes. That's the one I wanted to talk to...!

"Versus Class 1-B's copy cat, Monoma Neito!!" Present Mic continued, and the blond boy walked out onto the side opposite of Shinsou. When Midnight cracked her whip to signal the start of the fight, everyone expected for them to charge at each other.

Instead, Shinsou said something to Monoma, which couldn't be heard by those in the stadium. Whatever it was, though, it seemed to make Monoma angry based on his scowl. Monoma said something in response, and suddenly his body went slack, and his eyes glazed over. Shinsou said something else, and Monoma turned around to walk out of bounds.

Is it a response-based obedience quirk of some sort? That's the most likely reason that would happen. I don't know much about Monoma, but he doesn't really seem like the type to do something like that...

Midnight cracked her whip, "Shinsou Hitoshi will be moving on to the next round!!"

There was a short break afterwards, and Izuku spent most of that time theorizing about Shinsou's quirk. He would analyse Monoma's as well, but he hadn't seen it being used at all, meaning there was nothing for him to analyze. At some point, Kirishima stood up and said, "Sorry bro, but I gotta go prepare for my match."

Izuku nodded, "I'll see you later, then?"

"You know it!" Kirishima said with a sharp toothed grin.

Not too long after Kirishima had left, Present Mic said, "Now for the second match!! On this side, we have 1-A's tape man, Sero Hanta!!"

Sero walked out onto the arena, cracking his knuckles.

"And on the opposite side, we have 1-B's graceful powerhouse, Shiozaki Ibara!!" Present Mic continued, and a girl with vines for hair walked onto the field. The vines were clearly her quirk, but what exactly did they do? Could she manipulate them? Could she accelerate their growth? If so, then by how much? What type of vines were they? Izuku didn't know much about plants, but he did know that some types of vines were poisonous. Were hers?

Midnight cracked the whip, and unlike last time, they both charged as soon as she did. Well, charged wasn't exactly the right word.. Sero swung towards her with his tape, and Shiozaki's vines grew into the concrete, before charging out of it in front of where he'd been standing only a few seconds ago.

Vines continued to pop out of the concrete, attempting to either immobilize Sero, or keep him from getting closer to her. He kept dodging the vines, though, and eventually he managed to get up close to her. He attepted to use his tape to pull her out of bounds, but due to all the vines in the cement, he ended up failing, and instead fell out of bounds himself.

"Shiozaki Ibara will be moving on to the next round!!"

Izuku took this as his cue to get up to go to his waiting room. Although he did want to stay to watch Kirishima's fight, he knew that it wouldn't be a good idea. If he did, he'd end up being late for his own match or something, and while he wanted to support his friend, he also didn't want to end up doing that. Besides, he could watch the match later on if he wanted too.

He entered the empty room, closing the door behind him. He was going to be up against Ashido. He already knew how she fought, so it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a plan.

Most likely, she'd use her acid to skate around, so he'd have to be careful to avoid that. She also probably would mostly fling acid at him, to aviod him touching her. After all, All for One was touch based, so she wouldn't want to give him a chance to steal it.

All Izuku would have to do was keep himself away from the acid, and try to get her to skate out of bounds. But how..?

Well, he should have enough time to figure that out. Hopefully.