|| 18 ||

A/N: Sorry, haven't posted in a while. Truth be told, I have been procrastinating, and couldn't continue the next chapter because I got lost on what to do next. So I guess this might be like another mini hiatus.

"Princess, you've got another vision? Are you going to draw another fresco?"

"It depends. But this vision does not foresee good fortune..."

"How come?"

"Annessa... please. Watch over Sal Vindagnyr. In my place."

Y/N woke up again. Only to wake up to see Dainsleif sitting in front of the fire.

"Ohh my goooo—" She quickly sat up, cutting her own yell off, forgetting she had been adventuring a little with her new companion for the day.

"You had a small nap." He reminded without taking his eyes off of the fire.

"Oh... I see..." Y/N awkwardly trailed off while moving her head elsewhere. The sun was setting, and almost became dark.

"Are we in Liyue still?"

"No. We're near Mondstadt."

"Can I ask you a favor?" This caught his attention, and he turned towards her.

"Go ahead."

"Could you, accompany me towards Dragonspine?"

Dainsleif looked like he had a question mark over his head. But still nodded. (And no answering questions for 500 mora.)

She visits Dragonspine a little too much, honestly. But she just likes it. She also felt another random sense that someone's going to show up...

"Albedo."

"Y/N? Who's... this?" Albedo had quite the odd expression on his face.

Dainsleif had an indescribable face. You couldn't tell if he was uneasy or just plain odd. And he slowly averted his eyes.

"This is Mr. Dain." Y/N informed with the new nickname. And both Albedo and Dainsleif looked at her oddly again.

"Mr. Dain?" Albedo repeated. But decided to leave it, after he saw Y/N with a small joking face. And her small smile.

"He's been nice and traveling a bit with me. We were going to Dragonspine. Right?" Y/N lightly nudged Dainsleif on the side, and couldn't any higher because he was tall.

"Yes. She said she wanted to, so I am just following." He answered after gently pushing Y/N's elbow down from his side.

Albedo looked them up and down. He had a much more stoic face than usual. It was more... tense, as he stared at how close they were standing next to each other.

"All right. Let's go, Dain." Y/N took a step forward, only to notice Albedo stuck to her other side. Dainsleif glanced down at the smaller boy.

"Would you mind, if I joined you two?" Albedo asked. Leaving Y/N to shake her head. Letting him follow their path.

Y/N hesitantly checked with Dainsleif, and he didn't give much of an answer. So she just accepted.

There was this awkward silence between the three. And Albedo was slighty, juuuuuuust slighty closer to her than usual.

"Why are you in Dragonspine?" Y/N decided to talk up a conversation.

"Experiments and research." A bland response.

"What about you two?" He asked instead to them.

"Right. You're somewhat knowledgeable on Dragonspine, right? I've been hearing this name, and wanted to make sure. Wasn't 'Sal Vyndagnyr,' the original name for Dragonspine before Durin crashed here?" Albedo put a hand under his chin in thought, as they continued to walk.

"As far as I know, I haven't thoroughly spent my time to look around Dragonspine, but it's sure to have lots of information." Dainsleif looked beyond the place in thought.

"I came here to look around more. Lately there's these weird trippy dreams. Like someone else's memories. And I got curious. They were all calling names, looking towards my perspective." Y/N skipped forward to get to the front of the two to get a look at their face.

"By any chance do you remember them?" Albedo asked.

"Annessa, Manild, Li Xiu, and Amerie."

Dainsleif reacted weirdly towards the last name.

"Wait, Dainsleif. Wasn't someone you knew, named 'Amerie?'" Y/N asked. And she sounded rather bad at reading the atmosphere. As Daisnleif looked like he was much more deeper in thought, and definitely looked like he knew something.

"I've heard Annessa somewhere." Albedo was also in thought.

The two guys looked much similar. But if she said that, they'd most likely disagree.

"Annessa, goddess of infinity. Or limitless. I know, she had something to do with Dragonspine. Or Sal Vyndagnyr." Albedo remembered.

Y/N grabbed Albedo's shoulders, hastily. Scaring him a little, and Dainsleif looked a bit concerned for her.

"Let's go to do some research." Was what she said. Mimicking Albedo's tone whenever he was going to do his own research.

The answers would prove the Tsaritsa's possession.