30: Another Family Day

Chapter 30: Another Family DayApril

April

Dave and April arrived home safe and sound only to be greeted by silence and Teddy wagging his tail in excitement at the door. To be so little he was one of the best guard dogs ever. He never missed a beat and most likely he had heard them when they had pulled up. Dave looked down at him smiling from ear to ear his baby boy was up meaning they were about to go and blow it down before bed. April let them be as they locked up behind themselves, set the alarm, and left their luggage by the door. They would come back for them later on in the day. By now they were both dead tired and couldn't wait to hit the sheets. The whole flight home had been one big mood. Since April had reassured Dave that they could stop practicing and actually try for a baby he had been on cloud nine and the feeling was still mutual. By now if April did have second thoughts about having another baby at the moment there was no way in hell that she could break Dave's heart and stomp on his dreams because Papi was beyond ecstatic and it was one of the cutest things to see.

Luckily when April had answered him for the second time she was absolutely positive it was something she wanted to do so right now they were going to ride the wave and get the baby train started. Having a baby with Dave is something she always wanted. How could she not? Dave on daddy duty always made her heart flutter and her ovaries swoon in excitement ready for the next. To her it just all balled down to timing but when all was said and done time literally waited on no one so she said fuck her plans and listened to her heart because she knew everything would work out in the end. Shit might get a little rocky and somewhat stressful but with the support system they had they'd be just fine. But what she wasn't going to do was get wrapped up in it. She didn't want it to be a chore or a stressor every time they got intimate. She still wanted to have fun and let things be and not think about it too much. She just wanted it to happen whenever it was supposed to happen. You know go with the flow and naturally.

Dave scooped Teddy up in his arms, April rubbed his head, and they quietly made their way upstairs making a quick pit stop to check on the girls. They checked Kairi's room first and found her bed empty then they checked Charlie's to see the same thing. By now they already knew where the kids were at so they trailed down the hall to the guest rooms and peeked inside the first one only to find both of their mothers in bed knocked out with Kairi tucked in between them and Charlie next to April's mother sleep in her bassinet. They couldn't help but smile. This was another reason why they loved their family the way they did. This is why family days were a must for them. It was moments like these that solidified not only their relationship but their foundation as a whole. The fact that their parents were just as tight made everything better. There was no hatred, ill will, bad blood, or low key dissing one another or their parents talking shit about either one of them behind their backs. You know how it is when your boyfriend or girlfriend's parents don't like you so they talk about you when you're not around. That wasn't the case here and they were grateful for that. Everybody got along and you could tell by how they treated and acted towards each other that it was all genuine. They really loved each and everyone that was apart of their little family.