12. job hunt?

after the nightfall and the village got over the initial shock of seeing the omega prince, people went back to their normal routine like usual days.

being such a small pack, they usually had their dinner together everyday with everyone gathering around, talking, laughing and gossiping.

taehyung felt so out of place, he just had never seen people be so carefree and enjoying each others company.

on one of the numerous long tables were several people seated together; opposite to taehyung was namjoon and his mate- the alpha feeding cut piece of meat to the other.

next to them was hoseok, yoongi and their mate- the small, beautiful beta was sitting on hoseoks lap and his torso angled towards yoongi, with the alphas kissing and caressing him.

taehyung swears he cant look at the mates for more than three seconds without going tomato red.

the prince would occasionally take bites  of the meat on his plate, but eyes flitting through the crowd, taking in every smile and just everyone interacting normally with each other.

it felt nice. he already likes it here.

chewing on a particular piece of tough meat, taehyung was just swaying lightly as his eyes roamed around, when he had saw the alpha.

jungkook was seated a few tables away from them; he had his hair in a bun, the usual black attire with a thick robe hanging loosely on his bare torso and he was talking to a girl.

they seemed to be flirting.

oh this is interesting. taehyung has never seen people flirt, unless in books.

now curious, he continued his munching as he observed the pair. a few seconds later and the girl was climbing onto the alphas lap.

taehyungs eyes widened a fraction before he gulped.

the alpha seems quite interested in whatever the girl is saying, as his hands dragged down to her waist. taehyung was now staring open mouthed, eyes not leaving them.

suddenly it felt so hot in there for the cold night.

when those hands went further down, now the table obstructing the view, taehyungs eyes had lazily went up again.

and there his eyes met those dark orbs dead on. jungkook was staring right at him, though his hands were still roaming over the girl on his lap.

the prince spluttered a bit, hastily breaking the eye contact and taking a sip of his water to hide his burning cheeks.

something fluttered in his tummy and taehyung squirmed in his seat.

□□□

sometime later, jungkook also joined their table, opposite to taehyung.

now they were done with the food and chatting among themselves.

"so taehyung" namjoon had called his attention.

"since you've decided to be a part of us, there are some rules you'll have to follow" the alpha had started with his signature dimpled smile, seokjin now leaning onto his shoulder.

the omega prince perked up, keeping his chopsticks down and giving his full attention to everyone.

"they're just some general ones. like, you cant go out of the village boundaries, should hold respect to everyone among the pack...consciously hurting anyone will lead to exile" hoseok had added, his one hand stroking through the dark locks of his beta mate.

"his beta still seems to be vary of him" taehyung thinks. nevertheless he nodded and agreed to everything hoseok said.

"then there is the most important one" yoongi had said.