Bell... That can't happen.

CIA SAFEHOUSE E9, "DIE LANDEBAHN"
(Y/F/N) "Bell" (Y/L/N), (MI16, CIA, ETC.)
52.5200 N, 13.4050 E, West Berlin
February 23, 1981

♧♧♧♧ Bell's/(Y/N)'s POV. ♧♧♧♧
"Park."
"Adler."
They tipped each other off as I walked side by side with Adler.
"Bell, we've got a job to do." He said as he turned to look at me, his feet still hitting the gravel. Park stood steadily in front of the gate that slowly opened. She stared at me before turning around to walk inside. It was a beautiful night, with a dark blue sky, the same tone as the ocean, with bright glowing stars, balancing the ocean in the sky. And the full moon, that perfectly snuck up behind the clouds. I looked up into the sky before walking into the safehouse. The walls were white and blue, the paint nearly falling off around me. One touch and it'd be gone. Almost every metal part of the safehouse was rusted or nearly fully rusted. I recoiled at the state of the safehouse, but didn't say anything. 

"Make yourself at home, Bell. You'll be here for a while." Park walked towards her desk in the corner without saying a word. I looked around and saw Adler lighting up a cigarette next to a big board. He offered one to Park, and she accepted, letting him light it for her. I watched them as someone walked up to me and smiled with his hand out. "Names Frank. Frank Woods. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand in return with a small smile and another man who was leaning on the wall behind Woods suddenly appeared. "And I'm Alex Mason." He smiled at me, his arms still crossed. I looked over to a desk in front of a room with a door and some glass windows. The windows had beaten up shades. I recognized both men from previous missions, but everything was super cloudy. So the reintroduction was nice. "Who sits there?" I asked, confused. "Sims." Woods said, crossing his arms in unison with Mason. I nodded and turned back around to Woods and Mason. "Well, thank you. You two have been the nicest so far. ....Do you mind showing me to my room?" I asked nervously, picking up the stuff that I previously dropped to my feet. Woods nodded. "Of course." Mason lead the way, up a staircase. After a right turn off the staircase doorway, and a few seconds of walking, we stopped at a door. "Here you are, Bell." Mason said as he opened the door for me. Woods carried one of my bags into the room and placed it down on the table next to the bed. "I can't thank you guys enough." I smiled at them, placing my bags onto the floor next to my bed. "If you need us, we'll be downstairs with the rest of the team." Woods said, leaving the room and gesturing at Mason to follow. "Go ahead and unpack Bell, come down for dinner and make sure to sleep. Trust me, you'll need it. Adler could talk for hours." Mason snickered. I giggled and started to unpack my bags. "Well, I'll see you at dinner then Bell." He continued. Turning on my feet to face him, I waved to him. "Thank you again, Mason. You guys are too kind. You'll definitely see me at dinner. I'm starving." Mason peeled himself off of my doorframe as he smiled and walked away, closing my door behind me. 

I sighed and looked around the room. Adler and Park didn't give the most warming welcome. Adler said two sentences and they weren't even.. nice? And Park? She didn't say a single thing. Although, I wasn't too mad. Woods and Mason made up for it. My shoes batted against the wooden floor. Yearning for a conversation, anything other than this. It was boring. I was barely unpacking anything. I had 2 bags, 2 small bags. The bags were torn up and dirty. I couldn't help but notice how quiet Adler was the whole car ride. The way he sat, laid back, occasionally puffing on his cigarette. Admiring his figure in the moonlight, the way he drove, everything. When he got out of the car it was almost like he was walking in slow motion and the worlds camera was pointed directly at him. He is attractive, no doubt. I've always thought so. He just has a hard shell. Although, he did seem very close to Park. Offering her a smoke and even lighting it for her. If I could, I'd fall in love with him instantly and let him do whatever he wanted to me. But, someone as attractive as Adler would never want someone like me. No chance. But, Mason is nice and.. attractive.. There was something about Mason that I oddly felt connected to. But, I couldn't pinpoint it.

Everything was put away. Clothes in the closet, and tiny belongings in the small, run down night stand next to my bed. The bed looked stiff, but was comfortable. A single pillow and a thin blanket covered the mattress. The room was a bit empty, including some other stuff in there. My favorite part was the window. There was a little ledge, I could fit on it with a blanket. There was a set of white cushions on the windows ledge. They were old, but soft and didn't look too bad. The image of curtains in front of the window filled my head. I smiled to myself, thinking of Mason. But a knock on my door moved my brain back to reality. 

"Dinner." A familiar voice called from the other side of the door. Adler..
"Okay."
 ...
"Bell, could I come in?"
"Sure."
The door slowly creaked open. Darkness shed into the room and Adler stepped in, closing the door behind him.
He offered me a cigarette.
My heart skipped a beat.
"No thanks, I don't smoke."
I was flattered that he would offer me a cigarette, after offering one to Park.
"How is your room?" He asked, as I watched him inhale and exhale smoke. His lips formed into a circle as he blew the smoke to his side. 
"It's nice. I like it. I like this window ledge over here, with the cushions. I wish I could put curtains in front of it." I sighed aloud.
He looked at me, mysteriousness lurking under those glued shades.
Silence.
"Well, dinners ready." He turned away to the door, and I followed shortly after, making sure my door was closed.
Everyone sat around each other in a circle. I got to know everyone and their names. I learned more about everybody, and I told them as much about me as I possibly could have. After dinner, Woods and Mason walked me back to my room. I spoke to Woods and Mason for a bit longer, and again, Frank had departed and waited for Mason downstairs.
"Thanks for coming to talk Alex." 
"No problem Bell, you're actually great company."
I turned my head and blushed, smiling cheekily.
"You're too kind."
Without thinking, I swiftly stood up in front of him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.
"O-Oh, I'm so sorry.." I stuttered. I wasn't sure if he was even single or not, I guess I hadn't thought about it.
He looked at me and grabbed my hand.
"I'd prefer if you could do that more often."

So, I guess he is single.
My panic turned into happiness as I pecked his cheek once more. He left the room. The door was creaked open as I melted in place, thinking of what just happened. I soon realized after touching my lips, that Adler had passed by and stopped.
Soon, I snapped out of my trance and looked at him.
"Hello..? Why are you here? I-. Not like I don't want you here it's just I- How long have you been here for?" I panicked.
He kept that same stone cold face, smoking another cigarette. Quietly, he walked into my room.
"Long enough." His cigarette flew past me, and landed into my tiny metal garbage can.
"So. You like Alex?"
"I-! It's not like that!.."
The heat rose up on my face, it was cherry red.
I could've sworn that I saw Adler smile, as to mock me.
My cold hands touched my head as I sighed and cupped my face.
Adler stood in silence for a while.
"Goodnight, Bell."
The pace of his feet quickened against the floor, and just like that, he was gone before I could even respond.
My mattress sunk down as I laid on it. The ceiling looked old and worn out, but still clean.
That conversation was very confusing. Why was Adler eavesdropping? And did he care that I like Mason? If so, why?
After all, I'm sure that him and Park are exclusive.
A man like him would never want a girl like me.

A man with a hard shell is hard to break.

-- A/N
hey wassupppp :))
I love cold war, and have played campaign so many times. I'm a big fat adler simp and I also kinddaaa simp for woods lmfao. I just chose alex, cause, well, you know, BO1 campaign. well, anyways, enjoy my two stories :) requests are accepted, and appreciated!! love y'all forever and always 🥰❤❤