Stand By Me

I abruptly shifted my weigh from my left knee to my right expecting it to come crashing down on Jaehyun's most fragile weak spot, but my actions were halted when, without a moment's hesitation, Jaehyun's thighs shot up and clamped onto my knee, holding it in place.

"W-wha-?" I began as he twisted his body out from underneath me, using my shift in weight against me in order to switch our positions in one swift movement.

I lay there in shock from my plan failing and from the sudden transfer of power.

"One."

I struggled momentarily but I knew that there was no use. I was done for. All that was left to do now was to wait for it to end.

"Two."

Jaehyun stared down at me with the smuggest look I had ever seen on a man. It made me so mad that I forgot all about the feeling of his lips. Now I wanted to know how his lips would feel against my fists.

"Thr-"

"Yeah. Yeah. Three. We get it already. Just get off of me, will you?" I snapped.

Taeyong bit his bottom lip as if his teeth were the only things keeping him from announcing Jaehyun's victory.

I presume that if Jaehyun wasn't already smirking that he would have after seeing how he had gotten to me.

I could practically see him debate with himself on whether he should actually get off right away or if he should stay in place just to poke fun at me. I did everything in my power not to show any noticeable relief when he chose to get up.

Jaehyun left for a second before coming back into the room with two towels. He tossed one of the towels at me as if it were a peace offering. I took it and immediately used it to wipe my mouth. I looked for even the slightest trace of hurt on Jaehyun's face but instead he began to crack up with laughter.

I scowled at him.

"You know, I wasn't sure where you were going with that kiss. I kind of thought you were going to just try and get me in a pinned position and hoped I wouldn't notice Taeyong's counting or something."

"Wait, you knew?" I asked.

"Of course, I knew. What? Did you honestly believe I'd think that you just happened to feel the need to kiss me the exact moment I pinned you down.?"

I didn't answer.

He was right. It was silly to think that Jaehyun was dumb enough to fall for a plan that took me all of twenty minutes to come up with.

"Well then, why did you kiss me back? You only had to hold me down for one second more and you would have won the first time you pinned me down," I demanded, visibly seething.

"Isn't it obvious?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to go on.

"If I kept you pinned down, you would have stopped, and I didn't want to let the chance go by."

I gawked at him, fully aware that I would have turned red with humiliation and anger if I wasn't already red from training.

Jaehyun smiled at my reaction. He was having way too much fun at my expense.

"Same time tomorrow, princess?"

"If you're gonna keep calling me by nicknames then just pick one and stick with it," I spat out.

I immediately regretted saying the words as they left my mouth and not because of the specks of saliva had left with them.

Jaehyun gave me a knowing glance and I already knew that he was going to misinterpret my words to mean that I enjoyed his patronizing pet names.