Chapter 29

A/N : This may seem abrupt but I am planning on ending this book in 2-3 more chapters. The story plot that I started with initially had been modified several times over the course of an year, so it seems fair to end it now.

***

VIVAAN'S POV

The much dreaded day had finally come. Kimora was going to her hostel tomorrow in the morning. She was going to leave for Kishangarh at 5 in the morning so that she could reach Kishangarh Airport by 8 am so as to catch the 9 am flight to Delhi. From there, she was going to take another flight to Dehradun. It would be a pretty exhausting trip.

I didn't want to say goodbye. I never liked saying goodbyes. When I lost my grandparents in the span of an year, I felt lost and empty. I remember feeling so lonely. Like no one could match my grief. I could feel the same right now.

Others would miss her too. Others would feel the void when she leaves tomorrow, when her shouts won't motivate any team to score in football, when her laughter won't be heard in the park. They'd miss her, but they won't match my pain. Because I would always miss her more than I want to admit.

I have really started to like her. No, it isn't just liking her. I love her. I love everything about her. And I don't think anyone can match my love for her. She isn't flawless; she's just perfectly imperfect. I know those are contradictory words but that's the only way to describe her.

I hate saying goodbyes. And yet, here I was, trying to say goodbye to one of the closest friends I ever had. 

***

KIMORA'S POV

Cloudy skies are a bad omen. They mean grief. That's what my sobo (grandmother) would say. And yet, instead of nervousness or grief, I felt calm. Eerily calm.

I wanted to cry out the pain I felt inside. Who knows if I'd actually get to meet these people again or not? For some reason, the tears would just not flow down my cheeks. They were tormenting me from inside.

It hurts to smile right now. But it also hurts to cry. It hurts. Everything hurts. I wish I never became Avani's or Vivaan's friend so the pain would ease up. I feel like all these emotions would end up choking me. I feel suffocated.

I wish I didn't have to say goodbye. I hated saying goodbyes. What are goodbyes anyway? They always feel bad, so why say goodbye?

I wish time would stop or rewind. I wanted more days with Avani and Vivaan. I wanted to make more memories. I wanted to live more days. 

But alas, despite my prayers, here I was, about to say goodbye to all.

***

VIVAAN'S POV

I messaged Kimora to ask her when she would be free to come to the park. I told her that I wasn't going to go to my tuitions today, so I could come to the park whenever she wanted me to. I told her that I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.

She told me that it was uncertain if she would even get a chance to come to the park. She said she needed someone to rescue her from her house. And I volunteered to be the one to ring the doorbell and ask Kimora to come to the park.

It all seemed all fine on texts but when it came to execution, I...

"Ring the doorbell already!" Avani hissed from the stairs. Once she learnt that Kimora would have a hard time coming out of her house because of her father, Avani said that she would come along with me. "Someone needs to make sure he rings the goddamn bell," she had muttered in the park.