Ch15 - Swindler?

“What’s the matter?” Li Zhao saw Yan Ting looking at him and didn’t grab the grilled shrimp or talk. Li Zhao touched his face incredulously, “Do I have something strange on my face?”

“Yes.” Yan Ting took the grilled shrimp and looked away.

“What is it?” Li Zhao touched his face and also took out his mobile phone to take a look. There was clearly nothing. “Ting Ting, I didn’t expect you to have such thick eyebrows and big eyes. You will even deceive people.”

Yan Ting bowed his head and ate the shrimp without saying a word.

“There is your beauty.” Zhang Xiaoyuan hit Li Zhao on the forehead and held up a drink. “Mr Yan, this is the first time we’ve met. Zhao Zhao reminded me of this before I came that I can’t let you drink. Therefore, I’ll give you this drink instead of wine. This child has a straight and simple mind. If he offends you in the future then please tolerate it.”

Yan Ting held up the cup of herbal tea that cost a few yuan and clinked it against Zhang Xiaoyuan’s glass. “Li Zhao is very good.”

Zhang Xiaoyuan laughed. “I might be his agent but I have also raised him like he is my little brother. Unfortunately, he hasn’t received any fame in the past few years. If you need anything in the future, just tell me and I’ll help if possible.”

“Thank you.” The herbal tea was a little sweet and Yan Ting took a gentle sip.

“Since it is just us, don’t worry about being polite.” Zhang Xiaoyuan put down his herbal tea and rubbed his hands together. “Then we… will start.”

The moment he finished speaking, Yan Ting’s sideburns moved. It was because of the breeze created when Li Zhao reached out his hand. In the blink of an eye, the shrimp and lamb skewer roasted on the table had already flown into Li Zhao’s hand. Li Zhao held the shrimp in his left hand and lamb skewer in his right hand. He looked at Zhang Xiaoyuan’s empty hands proudly. “I knew you would definitely do this and was ready for it.”

“Yan Ting, come on.” Li Zhao put his spoils in a disposable box in front of Yan Ting. “Both of us will eat slowly.”

“Am I not your favourite brother anymore?” The pitiful Zhang Xiaoyuan picked up the last dish, baked potato chip and turned to wave to the boss. “Boss, two more lamb skewers and two pork ones.”

“Okay!” In the cold winter, the store owner was busy and sweaty. He turned to Li Zhao and grinned at them, expertly putting the ingredients on the grill.

“10 more shrimp, 10 skewers of enoki mushrooms and one spicy shrimp.” Li Zhao whispered to Yan Ting, “What else do you want to eat.”

Yan Ting was silent for a moment. “You’re in charge.”

“Then let’s have 10 more skewers of pork.” Li Zhao hit Zhang Xiaoyuan’s hand that was stretching for Yan Ting’s plate. “I’m telling you, the boss’ pork skewers is a must. It isn’t greasy and is fragrant.”

The diners in the crowded store talked loudly but didn’t interfere with each other, creating a tacit harmony. Once the delivery boss came back, she took the remote control out of the cupboard, turned on the TV and hurriedly turned to help her husband.

It was unknown how old the TV was. It kept shaking until a clear picture finally appeared. This happened to be the Xiangguo Station. Li Zhao calculated the time. It seemed the program he had recorded would be broadcasted tonight.

"Forget it, I'll let it go tonight." Zhang Xiaoyuan took advantage of when Li Zhao wasn't paying attention to steal two skewers of beef from Yan Ting's bowl, slowly eating it. "Tonight's barbeque is to celebrate your first time on a famous TV program."