History Repeating

I ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I couldn't look back. A mass of cursed souls formed into an atrocity was chasing behind me. I felt the ground shaking as debris flew around beside me. I had my sword, but I couldn't fight. And if the story my brother had told me about was real, it wanted me dead. Not just so that I could be brought back by my curse. And not just one of my so-called 'lives'. It wanted me dead.

And unlike most things and people that shared the same ideals of wanting me gone, it could actually do it. Which is why, while I ran through the darkened streets of L'Manberg, I couldn't comprehend why my brother could do this. Why he would comprehend putting me in danger. His own sister.

I ran down the path that led through L'Manberg, across the lake and past the central meeting house, splashing through the puddles on the wooden planks. I ran past everything and into the dense woods. I slid behind an oak tree and stood there, stock still for several minutes. Crashing sounds rang in the distance. I cautiously peered over the side of the tree. No sign of the wither.

It must have gone back to fight the others. I knew my brother could take it. He wouldn't have created such a thing if he didn't feel capable of fighting against it.

I turned back around and headed into the forest, where a lone log cabin stood. Smoke came out of the brick chimney, and a clear-cut pathway led up to the front door. Flowers surrounded the front edge of the house.

I walked up to the door, and lifted my hand to knock. I wasn't sure why I had come here, but where else was I supposed to go?

Dream didn't owe me a thing any more. Tommy, my brother, Ranboo, and Fundy were, well, preoccupied. Although in hindsight, it probably wasn't the best option, it was the only one.

I knocked on the door, and waited a few moments in silence. Eventually I could hear feet hitting floorboards, and I watched as the door knob turned. The door swung open, and there stood one of the many people who had tried to kill me. Common occurrence, unfortunately.

"Hello, how can I-"" Bad spoke. "Oh, y/n! What a pleasant surprise."

"Hey Halo, is now a bad time?" I asked, smiling. Bad studied for a moment, before grinning.

"Of course not." Bad said. "Please, come inside."

I walked inside of the log cabin. Skeppy and Puffy sat at a low to the ground wooden table, playing chess. The smell of coffee and pine wafted through the room.

Bad walked over to the kitchen area, and grabbed a pot of coffee.

"Want some?" He asked, gesturing to an empty mug.

"Oh no, that's alright. Thank you." I said. "I'm sorry for intruding so late."

"Oh no, it's not a bother," BBH said. "Please come in and sit."

I looked over to where Puffy and Skeppy were sitting. A blanket covered log stol sat empty, and inviting. Although these were the same people who had tried to kill me, they were also the closest to a family I had left.

But between what had happened with Quackity, Dream, and my brother, I honestly just wanted this day to be over.

"Hey Bad, I don't really want this to come off as rude, but do you think maybe I could just stay the night?" I asked.

"Of course!" Bad said. "You're welcome to stay here whenever you want."

"So you're not mad about, well, what happened with Dream?" I asked, looking at the floor.

"You came back here, so clearly you've realized who Dream is." BBH said. "And no, I could never be mad at you. There's an empty room down the hall to the left."