⚜Chapter 10: Adam Hale

A/N: 07.15.2021

Another update loves. Don't forget to leave a vote 🍑🙈

Q/A: what's your favorite book trope?
I'm a sucker for enemy/lovers, nerd/bad boy stories *TCP* cough cough *YOLO* cough cough

***

On a side note, I made a new tiktok account. You can find some TRS videos about Adam and Axis :)

Tiktok username: ij_hidee

⚜⚜⚜

Adam had grown taller. Much taller. He had to be at least 6 feet tall. And where did all that muscle come from? That couldn't be him... Could it? Was he really the same scrawny kid who used to cry in my arms whenever it was dark? No way, it couldn't be. It had to be a coincidence. But the more I stared, the more I recognized his features. He still had the small scar below his left eyebrow, and his bright blue eyes were unmistakable.

It was Adam, it was really him. 

The janitor came to mop up the bloody floor while some of the guards pulled Nylon to his feet, helping him out of the cafeteria and to take him to the school nurse. The crowd began to disperse and people returned to their tables, but the knot in my stomach remained. Adam turned his head towards me and I quickly grabbed Vadim's tray and hid my face.

"What are you doing?" Vadim asked. His eyebrows quirked. "You look as pale as my grandmother."

"Bathroom."

He opened his mouth to say something but I bolted out of the cafeteria, feeling my heart quicken inside my chest. I ran into the boy's bathroom and leaned over the sink, splashing water onto my face. 

It couldn't be Adam. There was no way that that beast was the same crying boy from the orphanage. But his eyes were undeniably the same. I sucked in a shaky breath as I dragged a hand down my wet face.  What was he doing here? How did he end up in Serpenti High? Out of all the shitty schools I had to end up in, why did it have to be the same one as him?!

I stared at the sink, watching the beads of water drip from my bangs. My grip tightened and I bit my lower lip, trying to suppress the pain in my chest.

After so long, why did he have to show up in my life again? 

"Fuck," I muttered to myself, splashing my face again to numb the pain. I leaned over the sink; hands balanced on both edges. My head hunched in between my shoulders and my shoulders sagged. Every breath hurt. It was as if I was the one who took the blow.  

I heard footsteps and stiffened when I saw Adam enter the bathroom. There was no time for me to run into one of the bathroom stalls, so I leaned forward and continued splashing my face with water. Adam stopped in front of the sink beside me and started washing the blood off his knuckles. How the hell did his hands get so big?!