Chapter 198: Let's Run, Fox (XIV)

When the young beastmen saw the eye-catching appearance of Mutu riding the loch bull, they were filled with envy. As such, Mutu decided to start a cavalry training plan aiming to cultivate their first cavalry squad within this year.

尚可脑中浮现一群狮子骑牛奔腾的画面,总觉得有哪里不对。不过骡牛虽然不如骏马的颜值高,但体型健壮,气势咄咄,成群结队的出现,倒也很有冲击力。

The image of a group of lions riding bulls popped up in Shang Ke's mind, giving him the feeling that something was off about it. Although loch bulls weren't as beautiful as horses, they had robust bodies and imposing auras. A group of them appearing was enough pressure for an enemy group.

等以后发现其他可以驯养的坐骑,还能发展出不同类型的骑兵,比如攀爬型、渡水型、飞跃型等等。当然,理想是丰满的,现实是残酷的,这个世界的猛兽大多不好惹,别说驯养,就是捕捉都很困难。骡牛算是比较容易捕获,也比较容易驯养的种类。

When they found and were able to domesticate other mounts in the future, they could develop different types of cavalry. Like climbing style, water-crossing style, leaping style, etc. Naturally, while dreams are amazing, reality is cruel. Most of the beasts of this world are not to be trifled with. Let alone domesticate them, just catching them was a hard task. Loch bulls were considered one of the easier ones to catch and domesticate.

如果狮族真的能够培养出一批骡牛骑兵,那么至少在前期,基本能够横扫卡洛奇山。

If the lion tribe could really cultivate a loch bull cavalry, then they would be the ultimate powerhouse of the Kaloch Mountains—at least for the initial period.

因为骑兵计划,野生骡牛逐渐成为狮族的宠儿,在不久之后的将来,它们甚至被移出了狮族的食谱,以坐骑的身份,在兽人历史上留下了牛气哄哄的印记。

Because of the cavalry plan, wild loch bulls gradually became the darlings of the lion tribe. In the not-too distant future, they would even be removed from the lion's cookbook. With the identity of mounts, they would leave their own mark in history with the beastmen.

不过在当前,一切尚处于起步阶段,狮子们想要成为一名合格的骑士,必须先学会如何饲养他们的坐骑。

But at the moment, everything was at the starting point. If the lions wanted to become riders, they had to first learn how to raise their mounts.

目前唯一拥有坐骑的穆图,天天骑着那只被他取名"小牛"的骡牛四处显摆。

As the only one with a mount right now, Mutu would ride the loch bull he named 'Calf' everyday to show off.

原本穆图想给它取名"小狐"、"爱狐"或者"大尾巴"诸如此类的,但在尚可的强烈反对下,最后勉为其难地改成了"小牛"。

Mutu had wanted to name him 'Kit', 'Love Fox', or 'Big Tail' and so on, but under Shang Ke's firm opposition, he finally reluctantly switched to 'Calf'.

小牛不仅能够代步,还可以兼职运输,驮上几百公斤货物基本不带喘的。

Not only could Calf be used as a ride, he could also be used as transportation and carry around a couple hundred kilograms worth of goods without panting.

这天,穆图领着队伍刚回到部落,立刻有一名兽人过来汇报:"族长,我们在林子里发现七个受伤的外族兽人。"

That day, when Mutu returned to the tribe with his group, a beastmen immediately came forward to report, "Chief, we found seven injured beastmen out in the woods."