⚜Chapter 19: A Mishap

October 5th, 2021

Double update again! Please leave a vote if you're enjoying the story ❤

BTW, I have a Pinterest account! It's @homewithhidee You can find it in my Wattpad bio :)

⚜⚜⚜

Vadim? What was he doing here?

“What are you doing here?” Peter asked. “Did you come here to fight?”

“No, not at all. Came here because uh, I wanted to ask if you could tutor me in English. Teach me proper grammar,” he said. “You know, my great-grandpa used to fight in the war. Brave man. Balls exploded during the war but survived…”

Vadim continued to blabber on about the war and his great, great, great relatives. Was he buying me time? 

“What do you want?” Peter cut him off. 

“Was wondering,” Vadim said. “Have you done something to your face? You look good. You look great. As shiny as a glowing basketball. Thinking that you might want to hurry up, and leave before someone catches you being so handsome.”

I closed my eyes and silently thanked Videm for his brave sacrifice. I slid out from under the bed. Clyde was hiding under the sheets to protect his eyes from the lights and Peter was busy trying to decipher whether being a glowing basketball was a compliment or an insult. I pouted the rest of the bottle on Peter’s bed, but something caught my eye. There were two dog tags on the table. I bit my lower lip. 

Eat or get eaten. 

I grabbed the dog tags and my eyes darted to Vadim who mouthed: run. 

It didn’t take Vadim a second longer. He split quicker than the wind while Peter stood there in confusion. I pushed past him and our shoulders collided as I bolted out of his room. 

“What the… Hey, get back here!” Peter shouted. “Clyde, wake up!”

I caught up with Vadim who was surprisingly quick. 

“I didn’t think you’d come,” I said. 

“You owe me, friend,” he hissed. I smiled at the old nickname. 

“Definitely.”

Peter and Clyde were on our tail and Videm, who may not be strong, was a quick runner. 

“We have to split,” he said. “You go left, I’ll go right. Meet me back at the dorms if you don’t get caught. If I’m not there in ten minutes, consider me dead.”

“Ditto.”

I nodded and we parted ways.

“Hey!” a nightguard yelled when he saw Peter and Clyde. I ran down the hallway and sprinted up the stairs, glancing over my shoulder to make sure no one was behind me. But when I looked forward, I saw flashlights. More night guards. If I was caught, who knows what would happen?

I frantically looked around and noticed that there was a door that was slightly cracked open. I didn’t know whose dorm room it was, but it was the only hiding place I could find. Without a second thought, I slid into the room and closed the door behind me, letting a small sigh of relief as I heard footsteps outside the hallways.

I slowly studied the room, surprised to see only one bed and not two. Not only was there one bed, but it was slightly bigger than the others. Who the hell got all this special treatment? Whatever, I needed to get out of here and back to my dorms. 

When the sound of footsteps faded, I waited another few minutes before considering that the coast was clear. But when I touched the doorknob to open the door, someone slammed it back shut.

My eyes widened at the large hand that was pressed against the surface of the door. A shadow cast over me and a large figure stood only inches away. I could feel his body heat radiated against my back. I flinched when I felt his lips lower to my ear, his husky voice making me stiffen.

My knees buckled when the familiar voice drawled.

“Who the fuck are you?"

⚜⚜⚜

Swipe up, swipe up, swipe up 🥵🥵