⚜Chapter 26: A Corpse? No, a body

A/N: November 7th, 2021

Erm, how did the last chapter get +550 votes in two days 💀 I didn't think we'd get there but you guys have proven me wrong. Never underestimate the Homie gang 😔👌

P.s: some exciting news! Your author has finally made their grand debut on YOUTUBE!

I don't really know what I'm going to post. Maybe some vlogs, book reviews, giveaways, and writing advice/tips?? If you guys have any ideas, let me know :)

Youtube channel: letsgohomehidee (obviously 😂)

If you can't find it, the link is in my Wattpad bio! Hope you enjoy my first video:)

P.p.s: if you guys comment "Eric is Axis" in the comments, I'll comment back 👀 I'll know you guys are from TRS 💪

⚜⚜⚜

"What are you doing by the window, Eric?" asked a caretaker. I was back in the orphanage. The room was as dull as the weather and the walls were as gray as the clouds. I had been sitting at the window ledge for a week now, staring at the gates where the orphans either came or left. When you walked past those gates, you were either taken to Hell or to Paradise. 

I was brought to Hell. 

Adam was taken to Paradise. 

"I'm waiting for someone," I said, my eyes moving towards the empty roads, hoping that a car would stop in front of the orphanage. It'd been seven days since Adam had left with his new family, and he still hadn't come back.

"You can't skip lunch," she scolded. 

I pointed at the stale piece of bread sitting on the napkin beside me and answered, "Lunch", paying little attention to her presence. 

I heard her sigh. "Eric," she said with a bit of despair in her voice. "He's not coming back."

"He is." 

"Adam is with a new family now," she said softly, putting her hand on my shoulder. I pushed it away. 

"He doesn't need a new family! He has me," I argued. 

"Oh, Eric..." She frowned with pity in her eyes. "I know it's hard for you..."

I stopped listening. She didn't know how I felt. She didn't know anything. 

I stared out the window, fighting the tears in my eyes. The orphanage was sad and depressing without Adam. It felt empty. I didn't know how I was going to live this way, every day, without him. Being abandoned by parents I'd never met, I could live with that. Being abandoned by someone I loved and cherished? How was I going to live on?