Chapter 204: Death Cycle (II)

Shang Ke left the town and chose to travel through sparsely populated suburbs. Along the way, he picked up a few good weapons. Unfortunately, firearms such as guns were mostly out of bullets and only classic weapons such as long sabers could be used. He had wanted to get himself a car, but had to give up due to the lack of fuel.

黄昏时,尚可在郊外发现了几座加工厂,工厂附近有一条河流,河水出奇的清澈,大概是因为多年没有受到工业垃圾和废水的污染,依靠自身的净化能力,逐渐恢复了元气。

In the evening, Shang Ke found a few production plants in the suburbs. There was a river near the factory and the river water was surprisingly clear. It was probably because it hasn't been polluted by industrial waste and waste water for many years and relied on its own purification ability to gradually recover.

尚可在小河里洗了个澡,又把背包里的东西全部拿出来清洗了一遍,然后只穿着一条内裤,躲进一座工厂中。清洗过的衣物被他晾在窗口。现在是夏季,一个晚上就可以晾干了。

Shang Ke took a bath in the river and took out the things in his bag to wash. Wearing only his underwear, he hid himself in a factory. He hung the washed clothes on the window to dry. It is now summer and the clothes only need one night to dry.

他在工厂附近大致搜索了一下,并没有发现丧尸。可能都聚集到了城内,又或者隐藏起来了。为了安全起见,尚可找了一间相对隐蔽又方便逃生的房间作为自己的休息场所。

He did a rough search around the factory and didn't discover any zombies. They might have all gathered at the city or they might have hid themselves. To be safe, Shang Ke found a relatively hidden yet easy to escape room to be his place of rest.

夜晚悄然而至,耳边传来蚊蝇的叫声,不过它们似乎都不敢吸尚可的血。尚可靠在墙边,毫无睡意,看着它们在空中成群结队的飞舞。很奇怪,房间中明明没有灯光,他的视力却丝毫不受影响。连角落的蛛网都看得一清二楚。

The night quietly arrived and the sound of mosquitoes could be heard. However, they didn't seem to dare to suck Shang Ke's blood. Shang Ke leaned on the wall and couldn't sleep. He looked at the mosquitoes dancing in the air in great numbers. It was strange. There was clearly no light in the room, but his sight didn't seem to be affected. He could even see the cobweb at the corner clearly.

如果尚可此时照一下镜子,就会发现他的眼睛在黑暗中,闪烁着暗金色的光芒,如同一只蛰伏的猎豹。

If Shang Ke looked at a mirror now, he would realise that his eyes were glowing a dark golden colour in the darkness, looking like a dormant cheetah.

既然睡不着,尚可决定测试一下自己的能力。从身体的协调性、灵活性以及手足的力量,一直到魔法、道术等等,一一进行尝试。结果发现以前学习的武术,除了熟练度有些欠缺之外,招数身法基本运用自如,而魔法和道术就不太理想了,它们似乎被体力的精魄所限制,只能使用一些初级技能,比如点个小火苗、加个轻身术之类的。

Since Shang Ke couldn't sleep, he decided to test his own power. He tested one by one, from his body coordination and flexibility, and arm and leg strength to magic and cultivation techniques. Although a little rusty doing it, he realised that he could easily execute the techniques of the martial arts he had learned before. However, magic and cultivation techniques weren't feasible. They seemed to be limited by the spirituality of his physical strength. He could only use basic skills such as lighting a small flame or etc.