ch 16: the first floor (2)

When I say that I am a peaceful person and I hate that monster hunting, I wasn't just saying it lightly... But here am I doing the same thing that I hate again and again. Don't get me wrong, I have lived a phase in my life where I enjoyed all this.. dungeon climbing and gaming, but as I grew up and got more serious about my hobbies I understood that games and Hunting simply weren't a thing for me.
  But there's something that I am  really great at-- following orders like a mutt while staying employed. Which  has made me a target of harrasment among my workplace... I have endured a lot which could be considered harrasment over the years, to the point that it became the norm. Who wants to lose a stable position and a good salary over a senior who once grabbed your butt when drunk? You feel like your conscience stabbed you a million times when you get a raise or promotion after that. but that's a story for some another day.

    I return to the same habits when I have to do something as to learn, observe or follow. You need to tone yourself down and suppress your inner rages when you are dependant on others. That's just what I have known over the years. You do what you are told to do... But coming here, I am able to atleast think and make decisions for myself. Even though I regret afterwards, because they aren't well planned and thought out.

  These goblins know no limits, they have been swarming to the same place over and over again like the bees when you hit their honeycombs or the zombies when they see blood. They run away when you use any scary magic and crush each other on the way. Just like a bunch of different people who are being forced to unite together, and they constantly fall out and break their unity as soon as they get hurt.

    It's been hours since we have been doing this... And there's no end to them at all. You stab they disappear, use magic, and they all run and crush each other. A distinctly purple coloured goblin, you could tell it apart by its skin colour, ran through the crowds, swiftly and slowly, hiding like a coward behind the armies of goblins. Although the latter aren't any better in that aspect.

    My mind immediately compared this to the hiding boss trope in fantasy manga and novels, where all the other monsters disappear just as you kill the main monster. I started chasing the purple on that enlightenment. After all, what could be better than a floor cleared earlier and stocks of rewards getting even more larger and longer lasting?

Of course, curiosity mostly kills the cat.
That weak looking purple goblin turned out to be a sweet façade for the huge ass goblin monster. The predator lures the prey, pretending to be meek, and you are caught in its trap before you can realise that the butterfly that you chased is just the tip of the iceberg.

 The predator lures the prey, pretending to be meek, and you are caught in its trap before you can realise that the butterfly that you chased is just the tip of the iceberg

** This guy here, but with the same purple skin.

You must have already imagined what I must have done by now, well if you haven't... I screamed at the top of my lungs because this creature here was even more terrifying than that spider at the entrance. This is not funny. Not at all.
The next thing I see is a huge slash of light... Just as those amazing CGIs in anime. The monster is gone and so is the fear. This startled me a bit and I stumbled backwards. It was my guardian and sponsor against this mess that I was dealing with, the  geenie beast.

"Where were you?"

  "I wanted to ask the same question. You wanted me to 'help' you, but you go around needlessly trying to die, just what the hell are you up to!?"

Excuse me !? What kind of help do you do by throwing into that hellhole? What training do you give by throwing your student to face the danger?  I really wish I could say a word of my long list of complaints... But I guess that It can wait till I get out of this hellhole of a dungeon. I guess being a little wiser of the two really does suck.

The next floor gate materialized out of nowhere, just as in games. So this floor was finally cleared, and we are up for the next. When you feel games, the "joy" of clearing a single hard floor can be so overwhelming. But in my case, it was short lived, for the Gods of this world know how screwed up the rest of floors can get. I guess we aren't going out anytime soon.

************************************

Hello again my sugar plum readers! (◕ᴗ◕✿)

So our protagonists have managed to cross the first floor of the dungeon.
Oh no please do not worry, this little author will use a teeny tiny bit of Magic to make this short. Btw the chapter was also a bit short since I was confused with concluding this scene.... Gommenasai.

S

o how was this chapter? I absolutely love reading all your comments, and I would love to know of your thoughts on this. Of there's anything that you would like me to add... Or deduct. Or if you see a typo please feel free to inform me of them (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Thanks for reading the chapter (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。