17; star of love

[ warning: y'all might cringe ]

Fast forward to a few months later.

"Sooyoung, I want to give you the bracelet tomorrow, 6pm." Sunghoon gathered all his courage to say those 8 words that will soon be the 8 letters he'll say everyday.

Sooyoung nodded in response.

"Soo! Would you mind if we watch the sky tonight?" Jay offered as sooyoung agreed. Jay knew she loved admiring the stars. Though they haven't been talking too much, they still converse from time to time.

[8:20 PM]

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" Jay said.

"It truly is.. but for me, I like the stars better."

"You know which star is the brightest? Clue! Its force is great," stated Jay.

"What is it?" Sooyoung wondered.

"Star of love." Jay looked at her, lost in her smile.

Sooyoung giggled a bit as they stared at nightsky, admiring its beauty.

"If only everyday would be as calm as tonight then I'll be able to keep a genuine smile on my face." Sooyoung sighed.

"You're worried of being happy, right? Today can be too tiresome, but all will come to pass then one day, you'll just smile it all off." Jay said as he looked back up.

The night finished off well and the day started out nicely. Today's the day Sunghoon will give the ring back.

At 6pm, they met up at a cafe's rooftop. They ate and talked about various stuff like their interests and such.

Silence arised as Sunghoon brought the bracelet out and handed it to Sooyoung.

"Do you know what the bracelet's name is? It's star of love, named after a star. Eunhye's grandfather was the one who made this bracelet customized. He named it star of love. Eunhye's grandparents used to watch the nightsky in Jeju. Eunhye's grandfather always looked at his wife with adoration, amazement, and love ㅡ like how we admire stars. So he named the bracelet star of love to show how his wife was the star in his life."

"That explains alot... It's such a beautiful story, right? If we focus on the beauty in our lives, even the simplest things, then we'll find ourselves with a smile on our face." Sooyoung smiled.

"They gave the bracelet to Eunhye because eversince she was born, they welcomed her as a new star in their life. They told Eunhye to give it to 2 people so that if stars align, they'll be able to connect, like a hypen." Sunghoon explained.

"And we're those two people?" Sooyoung asked as sunghoon nodded.

"Why aren't you asking me about why I didn't give it back to you?" Sunghoon wondered.

"Because I know you have a reason. If you give it to me then good but if you don't, it's okay because even without the bracelet, I'll still cherish every moment with you." Sooyoung replied.

"You're too precious, love. I'll tell you the reason. First, I was afraid my feelings would betray me. I was puzzled and I questioned myself if I was ready because you aren't a game I can easily lose. Second, I made a promise to Eunhye. I waited for 11 years just so she can come back but I ended up loving someone else, you. I don't know if I'm loving you to forget everything else and I don't know if I can hold your hand freely." Sunghoon leaned his arms on the railings and looked at the sky like it was infront of his face.

Sooyoung was left there standing alone staring at him from the back.

"Are your feelings the fruit of regret?"
Sooyoung asked as Sunghoon turned around.

"No, I genuinely like you but I don't know why my feelings are like this so unless we try, I won't know."
Sunghoon said.

"This isn't a free trial, Hoon. I don't want to try if at the end, we'll just hurt each other and return to being strangers. Yes, it may last for awhile but the longer it lasts, the more it'll hurt at the end." Sooyoung explained.

"But you'll never know the outcome until you try. Deal?" Sunghoon looked at her with smiling, precious eyes.

"I guess you have a point, my star." Sooyoung said.

Endings differ from each other. Some end with a lovely, fairytale-like ending while some just simply end -- they resorted to trying out if their relationship would work without feeling guilt, without constant reminiscence of the past, and without questioning what they truly feel.

Besides, they're still young. They're still trying to be the best version of themselves in order to give each other what they truly deserve ㅡ genuine feeling of love along with contentment and care, found in each other's presence.

_

a/n

Long time no update bcos I was rlly busy. Last chapter next?

I hope everyone is doing well. ♡