chapter twenty nine

"You bitch," Orion spat, as soon as they apparated to Grimmauld Place. He slapped her, hard across the face.

"You two," he glared at Regulus and Sirius. "Rooms. Now."

The two boys looked worriedly at their sister, but followed Orion's orders nonetheless.

Orion grabbed Ophelia's upper arm tightly and dragged her to their sitting room.

"We've gotten word from that Rosier boy that you have been exceedingly rude and arrogant towards him. This is unacceptable! You know to never disrespect your superiors, ever! Evan Rosier is a fine young gentleman, and I will not have you ruining his or our reputation because of you!"

"He kissed me! He tied me up and kissed me-" Ophelia yelled in defense.

"Silence! You will not interrupt me, girl. I don't give a damn about what he did to you. What I care about is what you did to him, and how that affects the Black family name. Do you understand how severe the consequences could be when you give a bad name to the House of Black?"

"Yes sir," Ophelia looked down at her feet.

"I don't think you do! Diffindo!"

A large gash formed across Ophelia's left cheek. She gasped in pain, while tears formed in her eyes. She couldn't let them drop, though, she wouldn't give her parents the satisfaction of seeing her in pain. Seeing her suffer.

Orion smiled wickedly as he watched his daughter's blood roll down the side of her cheek.

"Diffindo!" he shouted, once again.

This time it was a large incision across her chest. Neither she nor Orion could see the cut, but both watched as blood leaked through her shirt, making a deep red stain on the front.

Ophelia grabbed the part where he cut and held it tightly, trying to put pressure on it without causing too much attention from her parents.

"Now, while you let that sink in, let's discuss who all you choose to waste your time with, shall we?" He grinned, a horrible, evil grin, then turned to Walburga. She seemed to understand what he wanted and placed the muffliato charm across the room.

"Gryffindors," he spat, slapping her as hard as he could.

"Blood traitors," he punched her in the stomach, making her double over and collapse to the cold, marble floor.

"Mudbloods," he yelled. He pointed his wand at her for a few moments, just observing her pain. Enjoying it. Devouring it.

"Crucio!"

The cruciatus curse wasn't new to Ophelia. It had been her parents' favorite spell to use on her ever since she was in the second year. Crucio was a common word to the Black parents, at least to their daughter.

The cruciatus curse wasn't new to Ophelia. After being tortured by this spell so many times in the past, one would think that she would build up at least a little bit of tolerance. But no, that wasn't the case. That wasn't the case at all.

Each time she was hit with the curse, it seemed to hurt more and more. The first time was bad, it would be bad for anyone, that's the purpose. But after enduring this torture for years, it was unbearable.

She forgot her vow to not cry in front of her parents. Tears streamed down her face, mixing with the blood from the open cut on her face. She screamed, a horrible, blood curdling scream. She cried out for help, for her parents to stop, her parents to just kill her instead.

She felt as if she was being stabbed with a thousand flaming knives over and over again. As if all of her bones had been broken and someone was stomping on them.

She felt like she was choking, and suffocating, and burning, and bleeding out, and every cruel, vile feeling one could ever even think of, all at once.

And it was over. She took a deep breath to steady herself and regain conscientiousness of her surroundings. She was on the ground. She was sore as hell, from writhing around on the floor and hitting any piece of furniture that stood in her way. She was going to have massive bruises the next day, she already knew.

She heard her mothers heels walk across the marble floor towards her, and Ophelia turned around to see what she was doing. Her mother walked right up in front of her, raised her heel, and stepped hard on her face. She heard a large crack and felt a horrid pain coming from her nose. She felt blood trickle from her nose and wiped a hand over it, looked at it, and saw a large red smear across her finger. Her nose had been broken.

"We will say this one time, and one time only, Ophelia," spat her mother, as she walked back towards her husband. "We absolutely forbid you to spend your time with that mudblood, gryffindor scum. Do not eat with them, do not talk to them, do not 'hang out' with them. We have made this rule exceptionally clear in the past, and yet, you still evade our dicretion every single time. If you disobey us one more time, Ophelia, it will be more than just your pathetic excuse of an individual who will pay. You have wronged this family too many times in the past to just forget about, therefore, punishment must be reinstated. You know damn well what is expected of you, being in our home, at school, with your superiors, with your inferiors, hell, with the dark lord himself. You know your expectations, Ophelia. If you fail to meet them once again, you will be paying in more than just blood."

"What the hell does that mean? That I'll be paying in more than just blood?" Ophelia shouted, using more strength than she could manage. She, who had been able to sit up during her mother's lecture, collapsed to the floor once again, hitting her head hard against the cold, white marble floor.

"You dare speak to your parents like that? To your superiors?" her father spat.

"No! I- I didn't-"

Orion glared at her with an utmost hatred in the black of his eyes. He pointed his wand down at her once again.

"No- please father- no- not again!" she begged.

"Crucio!"