T.w.e.n.t.y

Nikhil woke up and saw avantika wasn't there. He then heard the sound of shower and realized that avantika was in washroom.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes. Then stretched a bit and looked at the wall clock. It was 8:43 am.

Today we have the presentation, this thought hit his mind and he got up from the bed with a jerk.

He took out his clothes and rushed to the washroom door.

"Avantika can you come out a little early today??", he asked.

"Coming in a minute", she replied.

After sometime, she came out. She was wearing a green dress and she had a towel in her hands with which she was drying up her hairs.

"Thank God you didn't take an hour to bath today", nikhil and hurried into the washroom.

"Excuse me!! I always get ready on time. You are the one who delays", she said holding the door knob and not letting nikhil to close the door.

"Leave the knob avantika", he said.

"How rude!!! Say please then I will leave", she replied.

"Okay fine. Please spare the door knob. I don't want to get late today", he said pulling the door shut.

Avantika giggled a little at his antics and went towards the dressing.

_____________

They both reached for the presentation on time.

"Hush!! We reached on time", nikhil sighed, opening his laptop in front of all the members of the meeting.

All the members who ready to raise funds for this project were sitting there and waiting for nikhil to start.

Avantika was standing beside nikhil while he was searching for their designs on his laptop.

"Avantika!!", he whispered.

"What's the problem??", she whispered back.

"The designs are not present in my laptop", he said in a low voice.

Avantika stepped closer to him and turned the laptop to her side.

"What?? But yesterday, I transferred them into it and you were there with me", avantika said examining the files of Nikhil's pc.

All the members were patiently waiting for them.

"Do you have them in yours??", nikhil asked.

"Yeah", she said.

She opened her laptop as fast as she could.

She started typing the keywords on the search.

"Kolkata project".....*no result*

"Designs for the new project".....*no result*

"Presentation 5 August"......*no result*

"Mr. and Mrs. Malik, how much time will you take to start the meeting", one of the members said losing his cool.

"Just a minute Mr. Bhalla", avantika said, trying to cool them.

Nikhil just panicked. He was sweating so much due to stress and nervousness.

Avantika noticed this and she put her hand on his. She gave him a nod, blinking her eyes.

"Excuse me guys!!", she said and walked towards shivan.

She asked him to search the designs in his laptop but no result.

Nikhil thought that he lost it. It was one of the most important projects of the Malik company and he couldn't even manage it for one day.