Pride & Polyjuice (Professor Snape Story)

“Well, Miss Malfoy?” my head snapped up from my drawing as the professor stood over my desk. I hadn’t realized she had been talking at all, let alone speaking to me directly. “Um…” she raised her eyebrows before crossing her arms, folding her robes neatly across her chest. Snickers erupted from several seats behind me and I felt my cheeks flush. “I don’t know.” I replied after realizing she had been waiting for a response. “Ten points from Slytherin” was all she said before continuing on with her lesson. A groan escaped the lips of those who shared my house but I just internally shrugged, oops.

                “Again?” my brother asked severely, though not surprised, when I told him. We made our way to the middle of the table before taking our usual seats; it was our lunch time, but I didn’t have an appetite. “She just hates me.” I said simply while poking at the food that had appeared on my plate. “Well how many points did she take?” my brother’s girlfriend, Pansy asked, half listening while she shoved spoonfuls of food into her mouth. I set my fork down to the right of my plate and pretended to think. “About fifty.” I replied with a sheepish grin, I could feel the disappointment oozing from my brother. I was the reason we never ever won the House Cup. I noticed my brother’s two...slaves, so to speak, drop their jaws and look at me. “What?” I asked innocently before they looked down and continued eating. I picked up my fork again as my eyes flickered up and down our table. Students were chewing and laughing, drinking and joking, eating and eating. “I’m really not hungry.” I said suddenly, replacing the utensil on the wooden table. “You know what father said.” Draco warned sternly, looking away from his girlfriend who rolled eyes obnoxiously.

                “Who says that dad needs to know everything?” I replied crossing my arms.

                “Allyson.” He said as I rose too quickly to my feet, black specks danced over my eyes. I wobbled slightly but managed to gather my belongings and leaving the four behind in the Great Hall.

I tossed my books onto the ground roughly before I fell back on the grass with a soft thud. I yawned and stretched my arms over my head while I looked out over the Black Lake. The water was dark and uninviting yet I always found it impressively peaceful. I twirled the ends of my platinum blonde hair around my perfectly manicured nails and sighed contently.          

                “Hey there.” a male voice said, I jumped slightly but looked towards the direction the unknown voice came from. An elder looking student stood with his hands in his pockets. I nodded a greeting in his direction. “I’m James,” he said stepping closer to me, I noticed from his robes that he did not belong to my house. “Allyson,” I replied as I looked him up and down. “I know.” He smiled sitting beside me. I raised my eyebrow curiously.

He was tall, at least three years older than me, two older than my brother; he had dark brown hair that had been windswept to the left. His eyes were an extremely light brown with hints of green and blue in them. He had pale smooth skin and high cheekbones. “I mean, I know who you are.” He elaborated quickly, noticing my expression. I nodded and returned my gaze over the water, trying to play it cool. “So, Ravenclaw.” I said, noticing his uniform. He looked down and gave a cheeky laughed. “What’s it too you, Slytherin?” I rolled my eyes obviously. “What do you think lives in there?” I asked resting my chin in the palm of my hands. “Merfolk, Grindylows, and a giant squid.” He replied, matter-of-factly. I couldn’t help but laugh. “Seriously?” I asked finding more interest in the mysterious water. He nods as I find myself hopping up to my feet. “What are you doing?” he asked as I kicked off my shoes and socks as well as my over robes, “I want to see.” I replied simply, not even looking back at him. “You know it’s forbidden, don’t you?”