Ch17 - Exaggerate

“How can this be called superstition? There is a scientific theory about a mysterious magnetic field between people. Once people with the same magnetic field meet, their magnetic field will change dramatically and will affect the people around them. People who hate the person will gradually like him while people who appreciate him will become more appreciative.” Li Zhao solemnly passed on the pseudo-science to Yan Ting. “Don’t you think I’ve had good luck since meeting you?”

“Really?” Yan Ting opened the door and descended with long legs. He motioned with his eyes for the bodyguard to not follow him. 

“Of course.” Li Zhao yawned. “The new company has arranged a guest role in a move for me. I have to travel for a few days and will bring a souvenir back for you.”

“How long will you be gone?”

“There aren’t many scenes so it should be around a week.” Li Zhao casually looked through the script Cao Jia gave him. “I will leave tomorrow and will invite you to dinner when I come back.”

“Okay.” Yan Ting crossed the garden of the luxury village and passed the fountain. There was the sound of water falling in the fountain and the water sparkled, reflecting the fragments of the cold moon. “Pay attention to your safety when you go out.” 

The door to the main building opened silently. The housekeeper and maids bowed their heads. They were quiet and perfect like they were ornaments of this luxurious house.

“Welcome…”

Yan Ting slightly raised his hand and the housekeeper fell silent.

“Is there someone else on your side?” Li Zhao seemed to hear another person’s voice through the phone.

“A person helping me with housework.” It was warm inside. Yan Ting stood at the door and didn’t cross it.

He listened to the child ramble on for nearly 20 minutes until the other side said, “Have a good sleep, we’ll chat next time.” Then Li Zhao hung up the phone.

Yan Ting stepped through the door and could hear every step echo. The housekeeper helped him take off his thick coat and retreated silently again. The house finally fell into true silence.

After chatting with Yan Ting, Li Zhao had a good night’s sleep. The next morning, he boarded the plane to another place. It was the first time he was flying first-class and his mood was a bit excited. He secretly took out his phone and took a photo. 

“Teacher Li.” The assistant that Strawberry Entertainment arranged was sitting next to him. He saw Li Zhao playing with his phone and asked carefully, “Before going out, the company sent me the crew’s information. Do you need me to introduce it to you?”

He saw Li Zhao stare at him with big eyes and suddenly became more nervous. “I-If it isn’t convenient for you, shall we talk later?”

He had been personally arranged by President Sun’s assistant, Cao Jia. Assistant Cao had specifically told him that he must take good care of Li Zhao and couldn’t let him be wronged. If something bad happened, let Cao Jia know directly so he could deal with it.

This was the first time the assistant saw an artist being treated so seriously by the president’s assistant and couldn’t help feeling nervous. There were thousands of strange artists in the circle who were hard to serve. He was afraid that Li Zhao would be out of the ordinary.