Time To Spend

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat next to Link on the floor of my mother's cabin as she tries to explain what happened.

(Y/N) "so let me recap. You're the queen of the legendary Valkiries but vowed never to kill a feeling being again after you accidentally killed someone and so left your Valkiry sisters and ended up getting married to dad and having me."

Tyra "yyyyyes."

I exhaled and looked at her again.

(Y/N) "any more secret families i should know of?"

Tyra "mmaaayyyybe."

(Y/N) "you know what? Whatever. Im just glad this is all over."

Link "it is all over, right Tyra?"

Tyra "as long as Ganon is in that bubble, we're safe. And no one can open the bubble except for me."

Link "great! We finally have some time have fun!"

Mom laughed and then looked at us with a smile.

Tyra "you two maybe, but not me! King Dorephan and I still have much to discuss. Oh speaking of, it's about time i get going."

Mom grabbed a satchel, her quiver full of arrows and her bow before walking over to the door.

Link "aww but we just won! Can't you take it easy?"

Tyra "sorry guys! Work to do, but you two go on without me. Have fun!"

Link "alright. Good luck Tyra!"

Mom closed the door and Link turned to face me with a big warm smile.

Link "so where do you wanna go?"

(Y/N) "don't know. Normally i'd just run off into the forest but if you have some other travel ideas..."

Link "as a matter of fact, i do! I live near a village and tonight, they're gonna hold a festival. How about i take you there?"

(Y/N) "hmm... i don't know... people don't tend to like me..."

Link "it'll be fine, i promise! They're nice people."

Link put his hand on mine and gave me a big smile to reassure me, which i guess worked - albeit at the price of embarrassment.

(Y/N) "okay fine! Just... wait outside while i get ready!" I say while pushing Link out and shutting the door.

I opened a wardrobe and looked at my choices of outfits. To be honest, i don't have much but maybe i can mix and match to get something presentable...

*A Few Minutes Later*

I got out the house and saw Link petting Epona while feeding her an apple. Walking out the house and making my way to him, he turned to me  with that ever-present smile.

Link "you look great! Ready to get going?"

I nodded but secretly blushed after Link turned away. I got on behind him and sat quietly throughout the ride as there was only one thing on my mind.

'You look great.' I don't know if that was just a throw-away comment or he actually meant it, but both is enough to make me feel all giddy inside.

Damn this idiot!

*Timeskip*

We made it to the village Link was talking about. It's a quaint little place at the edge of the grasslands with a small mountain next to it. On said mountain, i saw a house on it's side.

Link "hey, try to guess which house i live in!" He said with such smugness that i almost feel bad im going to ruin his fun.

(Y/N) "Im gonna go off on a limb and say that house on the hill separated from everyone else."

Link "wha?- aww how did you know? Is it because im a hero and gets the highest house?" He said with pride.

(Y/N) "no. It's because i doubt anyone could stand to live near you." I said with a wide smirk on my face as i started walking away.

Link "hey! Not funny!"

I laughed as Link deflated into a pout and walked next to me. Ahh well this is a good start!