Ch19 - Pure Friendship

“This office building is really impressive.” Standing under the office building with flashing lights, Li Zhao looked up at the windows.

“Of course, this is the headquarters of a world-renowned company. It is said that the people who can work here are all talented students of famous schools. Even the big sister who sweeps the floor is a hidden master.” Da Ke’s voice was filled with envy as he looked at the glittering company signboard, eyes full of undisguised admiration. “Your friend is very powerful.” 

“The company is so big?” Li Zhao had lived in a small town and later followed Zhang Xiaoyuan. In order to make money, he entered big crews to act as a stand-in. He had no idea about the big companies.

“You don’t know…” Da Ke whispered in LI Zhao’s ears. “Stars in the entertainment circle might have unlimited regard but in front of this company, none of them would dare mess around. There is a female artist called Xu Xing who just won the Best Female Award. After hearing about the boss of this company surnamed Xu, she bought news that she was a relative of the Xu family, wanting to sell herself as a wealthy woman. Our company’s boss had to go to his door to apologize in person. Someone like our boss met Mr Xu’s cold shoulder several times before finally meeting him.”

“So terrible?” Li Zhao had been happy for Yan Ting but now he felt some concern. How hard would it be for the employees to follow such a boss?

“You don’t have to worry about your friend’s working environment. There are many employees at the company’s headquarters alone. Their boss’ behaviour might be strange but he is very good to his employees. Their benefits are well-known in the industry. Many people are proud to work for the company.” Da Ke pointed to employees coming out of the company. “See, look at the way they are walking.” 

“Oh.” Li Zhao looked at the white-collar workers who came and went in a hurry. “They seem really energetic.” He took out his phone and sent a message to Yan Ting, telling Yan Ting that he had arrived downstairs.

Yan Ting soon replied to his message.

Yan Ting: [Wait for me.]

The elevator floor number continued to decrease. Once Yan Ting came out of the elevator, the executives whispering in the hall calmed down at the same time. The entire hall instantly fell silent.

Yan Ting moved through the silent hall and out the door. He saw the young man standing under the streetlights. This person’s body was wrapped in thick clothes, hat and scarf covering his entire face tightly and only his pair of eyes were exposed.

The moment he looked over, Yan Ting saw the exuberant vitality and smiling eyes. Li Zhao jumped in place, waving his hand while calling Yan Ting’s name. He was afraid that he would cause trouble to Yan Ting and quickly ran to him. “Ting Ting, I’m back.”

Yan Ting’s mouth moved. He didn’t know how to respond to such enthusiasm. He had never experienced a person coming to pick him up from work, regardless of interests.

“How did you come out in a suit without a coat?” Li Zhao took off his scarf and wrapped it around Yan Ting’s neck, reaching for his shoulder. “Walk and go to my car. The company has provided me with a car. It will be much more convenient for me to travel in the future.” 

Li Zhao couldn’t wait to share his car with his friend. “Unfortunately, I haven’t got my driver’s license. I can only trouble my assistant or the driver arranged by the company.”