~ Chapter - 8 ~

( About the picture- Aria and her Dad.)

- I L A R I A - 

"I had so much fun today." I said before leaving. I don't think I laughed this much for an year or two now. I smiled genuinely after months. I also invited them for Elijah's birthday tomorrow so they can meet Mom and Dad too. But as soon as I stepped inside my own home , I felt so gloomy again. The atmosphere was as always boring. Mom must be in her room, Elijah was on phone with someone, most probably Catherine, and Xander and Xavier are playing videogames as always. Nobody looked up or noticed that I came back. Good thing Aunt Garcia persuaded me to have dinner with them. 

I sighed and walked up to my room throwing myself on the bed. Why can't they be like Cameron, Austin and the others? Why can't we talk and have fun like a 'normal family'? Why don't I trust my own brothers enough to share my feelings with them? My own blood? 

I couldn't help but think about the time we really talked. Not mock or snap at each other but talked. I was 6 or 7 at that time. We used to have so much fun with each other. But as we grew up we drifted apart. I still tried to spend time with them but they got too busy with their own friends and stuff. And just like that we turned into strangers.

But tomorrow is a very special day, Elijah's 20th birthday. It is more special because Dad is going to come too. Hopefully it'll be a good day.

- NEXT MORNING - 

"Happy Birthday Elijah!" I wished in my most cheerful tone.

"Yeah thanks." He replied without even looking up from his phone. I feel annoyed and disappointed, he can at least look up. 

"I'll be making cupcakes today. You like them right?" I said. 

"Mhm." He muttered. I made my way to the kitchen without any further talk. It wasn't going to work anyway. He's as always busy with Catherine, she must be coming today. I'm not saying she's bad or something. In fact she's very sweet and lovely but he should make time for us too, even if a little.

I started making cupcakes in the exact same way I learnt from Kevin's Mom. I hope they turn out fine. I was working wholeheartedly when the twins came to spoil it.

"What are you making?" Xander asked.

"Cupcakes." I answered.

"Your birthday is today?" He asked confused. 

"You don't even remember ? It's Elijah's birthday today." I said. 

"Oh yeah, I'll wish him later. Anyway, who taught you this?" He asked.

"Kevin's -" I was answering when Kiara and Carmella walked in.

"Ari!" Kiara exclaimed happily and came to hug me followed by Carmella.

"We thought we should come in case you need some help." Carmella said. 

"Ah really, thank you." I smiled. Xander was looking at us all this time specifically at Carmella. He fake coughed to gain our attention.

"Guys, this is Xander, my brother. And these and Kiara and Carmella, my friends." I introduced them to each other. 

"Hi." Both Xander and Carmella said at the same time making us laugh. Xander smiled sheepishly. 

"Okay, so what do we need to do?" Carmella asked. 

"I didn't thought of anything still but we can plan it together." I suggested. 

"I can help too if you don't mind." Xander chimed in. I looked at him confused. Xander is never the one to help voluntarily. 

"Yeah, sure." I said. 

"Thanks Aria." He said sweetly . Something really is wrong with him. He's smiling and pretending to be too sweet. I just shrugged it off and we started decorating the room and making different food items. After 2 hours, we were finally done. 

"It is looking good." Carmella said looking around. "Your brother will love it."

"Let's see." I mumbled. 

"We should get going now." Kiara said.

"What? Won't you attend the party? Why?" Xander asked without even waiting for an answer.

"Of course, we will. But we have to get ready. We can't come in a party like this, right?" Carmella said a little rudely, pointing at her clothes. I don't blame her though. He has been annoying her non-stop since she came.

"Right." He muttered already sulking. Carmella rolled her eyes and they went home. 

"Hey, you wanna try a cupcake?" I asked Xander, handing him one. But he pushed it away.

"No, I don't want to die from food-poisoning." He spat and walked away. Is he bipolar or something? He was so nice just a minute ago and he's back to his old jerk self again? 

"I'm home!" I heard Dad say all of a sudden. I turned around startled. Dad looked at me and smiled fondly. We were seeing each other after weeks.

"Dad!" I exclaimed happily and ran to hug him. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. We stayed like that for a moment. It felt warm, safe and loving. This is why Dad's hugs are special. They make me feel protected and safe.

"I missed you so damn much." He said chuckling.

"Me too, Dad." I replied. 

"Every daughter adds a little sparkle to her father's life."
-Anonymous.

Hey Everyone!

I hope you'll like this chapter.
Share your views with me.

What do you think about Xander and Carmella?

What do you want to see in the upcoming chapters?

Question of the chapter- Do you want to dye your hair? If yes, which colour?

Don't forget to hit the star!

If you're enjoying this book, consider giving me a follow for future updates.

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support - 

💚