Chapter 2

Stripping from her armour for the last time as it harshly collided onto the ground, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her armour had become a second skin to her, now only in her tunic, although clothed, she felt naked. Her tunic had been slashed in numerous locations revealing cuts she didn't pay any mind to for they were mandatory during any war, though upon the sight of them, she still had to get them treated.

Finally undressing to her bare self, clothes scattered upon the floor, she couldn't keep her eyes from her scar littered body. Something she knew the Queen would behead her for if she were to ever find out, for her body did not look like a dainty princess that was untouched, it was something she was rather self conscious about. A knock broke her out of her thoughts and startled her for she quickly hid behind the door of her cupboard.

"Your highness, may I enter please?"

Hana sighed in relief hearing the soft dainty voice of her handmaiden, "You may enter Hyemin."

The door creaked open to reveal the small statured girl, for Hyemin was one of the only people Hana trusted in to not tell the Queen anything.

"Oh your highness!" She gasped seeing the multiple cuts upon Hana's body. It wasn't unusual to find the princess littered in bruising and cuts but it still surprised the handmaiden when she saw them.

"Don't worry Hyemin, for I only need a bath. I will tend to these wounds myself in my own time." The princess wrapped her exposed self into a robe.

"Of course your highness." Hyemin bowed and scurried to the bathroom to make her bath whilst Hana's eyes saddened upon her sword leant up against the wall. It's hilt was tinted a rose gold, the intricacies of the swirling designs upon it were made especially for her, lightweight and made of one of the rarest metals, a gift. Another knock sounded on her door surprising her, if not Hyemin, who would it be?

She herself walked towards the double doors to open it out of curiosity. There standing was a tall man in armour taking her by surprise, his good looks and brown swept hair made him look youthful, accompanied with those round doe eyes of his, This knight wasn't one of her own. She didn't realise she was taking him in daze, watching him quickly turn his head away with an evident flush on his cheeks, he cleared his throat, her eyes widened and quickly hid behind the door, obscuring her thin robed covered self, forgetting she wasn't dressed appropriately.

The knight finally made eye contact with her, "My apologies your highness." He lowered his gaze.

"N-no, the fault was mine." She stuttered before quickly composing herself for she was a warrior. It was unlike her to feel flustered over the mere presence of a man. "What may I help you with Sir.."

"Sir Jeon Jungkook." The knight kneeled before her, "His highness, King Namjoon has sent me to be your personal guard for tonight's celebrations." Upon hearing that Hana's eyes narrowed.

A personal guard? Since when did she need a personal guard? She could take out men without a scratch during war and her brother suddenly wants her to have a guard?

She scoffed to herself rolling her eyes, "I believe that won't be necessary. Please let His highness know that I can take care of myself—" upon closing the door, she cursed seeing the tip of the knights foot wedged to keep it open. Hana's eyes shot up to see the knight with fast reflexes.

"I believe his highness foresaw this answer of yours and he's relayed to me that there is no way getting out of this, princess." The man named Jungkook had a mischievous glint in his eyes. Hana narrowed her own, Namjoon should know she could handle herself just fine so there must be another reason.

"I apologise Sir Jeon, but I already have a personal guard for this evening." She decided to try and shake this man off, hoping her reasonings were enough for him to leave her alone.