Chapter 8: The Weekend Came.

Kein's POV

"So this weekend yeah?" I paced around the gardens as Lenard eyed me curiously while cleaning his glasses.

"You're turning the grass flat, Kein. Come on, why don't you sit down for a bit." (Lenard) sighs as he smiles when he gazes at me, his flustered cousin.

"Lenard, I don't know if you've noticed but am I looking at it too much?" I ask him while placing a hand on my chin wondering if I really looked into it too much.

"Yes, you are. You saved her, maybe she just wanted to meet up again and say thanks you know?" (Lenard)

"You're right. So meaning can you come with me?! Please! Please! Pretty please!" I begged him as I kneeled down dramatically to my cousin.

Lenard gives it a small thought and nods, "Sure...? Let's just be sneaky so no one would question us. I'll just use an excuse that I'll be studying all day in my room and no one should bother me."

"Agh thank you, Lenard! I owe you one again." I told him as I finally sat down and relaxed a bit. "Speaking of studying, what do you even study about anyways?"

"Magic and History. I did try out for swordsmanship training but I'm so clumsy my mother didn't even bother... so she only got Lucas to train." (Lenard) told me the tone of his voice was a little disappointing but it all fades away a second later and he began explaining the complex properties of magic.

"But! I don't like dealing with swords anyways! I like to think and research about how magic runs through all of us! Everyone has this Mana or Magical power and we all use it for our everyday lives! Like for laundry, cooking, and just so many more!" (Lenard) enthusiastically takes out a book behind him like what the fuck? Where did he even-

"Okay so, I'm a [Wind Magic] user. The common people use only four kinds and it's elemental based, you do know Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind?"

I nod, "Yeah, I get that part but is it only the common people? I'm not really an educated person... I can read and write but... some deep aspects about magic I might not understand."

I just can't say to him that I'm literally clueless when it comes to magic because I'm literally just a person who got hit by a truck and died. "That's weird? Aunt or Uncle didn't teach you anything? It's all common knowledge." (Lenard)

I shook my head, "Yeah so this is all so... vague to me."

Lenard understands and stopped asking more questions and decided that he will teach me all that he knows. "Alright! As you know, elemental magic is the norm for all common people. We might have a title but... it's clear we're not... you know."

"Not really of noble blood?"

Lenard nods, "Father might be a Viscount but... he was also a commoner. He only got the title out of merit."

"So what magic does noble people have?" I ask curiously.