Chapter Six

You watch as your ball rolls through the big halls of the mansion and stops at the end of the hall near the room at the end of the hall.

Playing with the ball is the only entertaining activity in this household, considering you don't want to play with the creepy porcelain dolls.

Luis is at a meeting with his business partner, leaving you in the care of the maids who are preparing your dinner right now.

You let out a sigh, and take lazy steps towards the ball, your feet making a loud noise as your shoes hit against the expensive floor.

Once you reach the ball and pick it up with your hands, you stare at the closed door.

You have never really paid any attention to this room until now, it kind of looks strange and different as its door is a different color from the other doors in the house.

The door is a dark blue color while the door's handle is golden, unlike the other dark-colored doors with silver handles.

You are doubting whether you should explore it or not as you don't remember your adoptive father telling you anything about not entering a certain room.

After thinking for a moment, you decide to enter the room, not feeling worried about getting scolded.

You switch the ball to your left hand, to open the door with your other hand.

You drop the ball in shock at the sight in front of you, your heart almost stopping in horror.

"W-what in the world?!" 

                                     -----------------

"I have never really imagined you as a person who could care for a human being, Luis" the vampire rolls his eyes at his best friend.

"We're you not the one who always advised me to be kind to humans?" Charles chuckles loudly.

"You still drink human blood, do you not? Your child must be frightened of you" Charles signs the last piece of paper, before finally looking at Luis.

"Animal blood is not for everyone, and you know that very well, Charles" Luis spits.

"I know, my friend" 

Charles walks up to the light-haired vampire, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm happy that you finally have a child of your own" 

For the first time in a while, Charles sees Luis's lips move upwards, forming a charming and genuine smile.

"I have decided to turn her once she reaches fifteen" Charles frowns.

"Is that not a bit young? maybe when she is like twenty, you can turn her" 

The idea of a vampire child who is not above eighteen disturbed Charles.

After all....the last child getting turned under the age of eighteen caused chaos in the human and vampire world.

"I know what you are thinking, but my daughter is not rotten to the core like him, she is an angel at the heart, Charles" the said man smiles slightly.

"If you say so, then I can not doubt you"

                                      ------------------

Waxed human corpses are littering the room, looking like dolls.

You start shaking from fear, feeling scared for your life all of sudden.

Even though Luis is a vampire, yet seeing those corpses send shivers through your whole body.

Not wanting to stay in this room any longer, you grab your ball and rush out of the room quickly, making sure to shut the door behind you.

You run downstairs to the kitchen, only to find the maids preparing food.

"Is there something wrong, my lady?" the red-haired woman, Lyrik asks you with worry upon seeing your scared experission.

"No...nothing is wrong, I just came here to watch you all make food" you lie, taking a seat on a nearby chair.

The truth, you don't want to stay alone upstairs, knowing that there are corpses on the same floor as your room.

You watch them work for a few minutes, getting bored with doing nothing, you decide to ask Lyrik a few questions.

"How long have you been working for Papa?" 

"Well, for about six years now" you bite your bottom lip, thinking of what to ask next.

All the servants in the mansion know very well that your father is a vampire, and they have sworn to keep it a secret.

Or Luis will slaughter them.

"Do you know about the corpses upstairs" everyone stops what they are doing, and turn towards you.

"Oh, you should not have entered that room!" Anastasia, a young woman in her early twenties exclaims.

"Master must have forgotten to lock it" you furrow your eyes in confusion.

"Why does Papa preserve his victims?" Lyrik sighs.

"Well, you see if he sees that his victims look beautiful enough, then he will preserve him so he could paint him later, my lady"

Her answer made you feel anxious more.

"That is sick as if drinking the blood is not proof enough of his monastery"

"I would not have said that if I was you"

Knowing that those words were not said by the maids, but by the very same vampire you have just insulted made your skin crawl.

You stand up, and curtsy to your father in respect.

"It seems like you have forgotten yourself, should I remind you of the punishments that are awaiting you, my angel?"