Chapter 34

We met no one to ask if the cotton-perfect was all where we wanted it to be. The path Charlotte led us to was strange and unconsciously looking haunted... Nothing and no scenario was keen to change their view. It was becoming so boring. I knew we didn't have time for having fun because as soon as Emma would stand again and started to find us we'd be in trouble.

Finally, we ended up in a place where kinds of cotton were growing half feet taller.

"Can they be this tall?" I asked.

"Don't know. Only what I know is that it is the perfect cotton for us to take home. You have a knife?" And then she stared at the sword I got from Emma. She was surprised and so she spoke, "Moon?"

"It's the day."

"No, it's the moon."

"What is the moon?"

"This sword. Its name is the moon." She told me with surprise and delight. "Where did you get it? I remember you didn't have any sword lately, did you?" She was still stunned with disbelief.

"I kind of stole it from Emma during the fight. It made me feel like umm, powerful?" I tried to remember how bravely and heroically I fought the weeds and grasshoppers beside Emma in her hurricane and Charlotte in the fields.

"It doesn't give you power, but it gives you the courage to make your move. That's appreciative of how you fought. Isn't connected with the sword." she shrugged, "But Anyways let's cut these cotton plants. The farmers here approved because they knew a boy named Jasper or a girl named Elvina would come for the plants. And the soul of your grandfather visited here as well. We have to hurry before some other trouble breaks down on us. Sword?" She talked with so much knowledge, I worried if she even took lessons from Alyx. One Alyx was enough.

"How do you even know this is the cotton-perfect? It can be a trap." While I suggested the idea, I searched for any traps, but everything seemed safe and Sound. More alarming. One sign of danger and traps.

"I sought help from the creatures around and they said this is no danger, besides this is the place we saw in the flames with Jingles and Elvina. The village of farmer William. Remember the part which was separated from other fields? This is that. I am 100% sure this is what we are searching for." She checked the notebook and her skirt while she told me about it. I nodded and we asked the machines to do the favor of picking cotton for us.

"We are done with this. Now. Let's head home-umm, our own home in our forests- already. Do you want to meet Elvina?" Charlotte asked as we flew on our brooms. It was my first time flying on a broom and I could tell it was much of an awkward moment because Charlotte was holding my hand all the time. I was so misbalanced on my broom; we were afraid I would let both of us fall on the ground and we'll be dead. Without knowing that this was about to happen.

"Hold on. Let's rest. I'm very tired." I told Charlotte.

"No, we don't have time to rest. We have to make it through the woods and it's already late. We can't rest Jasper. The sun's going to be down in no time." Charlotte replied.

"How far is it?" I asked.

"Almost a half-hour," she answered with a sigh. I nodded and kept balancing

"Let's call Alyx somewhere near and have a picnic!" Charlotte cheered me up.

"No Charlotte we don't have time for picnics I guess." I mimicked her. "Besides you just said we can't rest so picnic means no. thanks for cheering me up"

"I was just kidding." she said and I said, "You are bad." and she maintained silence for 2 minutes.

"Do you know there are only 9 days left excluding today?" I remembered the magic conundrum and Farmer William's words. It was still so confusing but challenging. I don't know if proving the genes you have of which parent was important or not but,  proving your words and eternal strength was really important. I looked at Charlotte who was tranquility gazing at the sun which was about to flee beneath the darkness. I really did think if one got stuck into darkness could ever hope for rising hope with sunrise. I really did ponder if there was life in my own home as a regular teenager with a sister and 2 besties and a good gadget laboratory with a cousin called Max and grandparents and a cute dog Jet, after 9 days in Sun draw Island.

Everything seemed to shift in just a minute. My knowing of Elvina and my true family. Finding a new place under the oceans where new clouds rained, and oxygen was breathed and people with 2 legs and 2 hands lived in peace- betrayal. Where truth was fought upon a warrior as a lie and where people like Charlotte, Alyx, and Elves-Guardians also hang out with powers and skills.

"Woof, woof!" Someone barked.

"Woof'" someone barked again. I felt a rage of water waves coming on towards me. When I came to my senses I got to know that I was losing my balance. "Jasper grab me tight, we are going to die otherwise!" Charlotte screamed. I of course did not want to die at the mercy of a girl, but I didn't have any option. I grabbed her from her waist and I could really feel her ribs. She tried to summon bluebirds but only 3 could hear her. It was the weight of 3 living things: a 17-year-old boy, a 16-year-old girl, and a dog.

We kept falling and falling and falling. I was sort of enjoying the moment as falling was less activated due to less gravity in that part and if there could have been lesser gravity we could have escaped by flying. But, it was tickling in my stomach and we were falling. The jet made different poses of falling while we fell.

"Any idea where we are going to land? Don't tell me it's going to be Hell." I asked Charlotte as she was the only one not expressing.

"Most probably not where we need to land."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"This place is dark, part of woods, less gravity and I've heard a giant lives here whose name is...Death." she was nearly whispering as if afraid anyone will hear. Part of me said she cannot joke at this moment, believe her. And another part of me said, don't panic. It's going to be good.

And as soon as we fell I thought I was dead, but fortunately, we were all breathing. It was something soft and rough at the same time. When I looked up, a mighty-sized Giant, about 15 feet high was watching television.

"Oh, shit. I buckled myself in the shoes of Death." I hit myself with my bare hand on the head. It had to be hell.