Chapter 11: ᴛʀᴜsᴛ

So say you care, say you'll be there

Be there when I'm in my darkest when I'm too strung and I'm scared, yeah

Say you swear, there's nothing left to fear

Love me in my worst regardless, yeah

My heart can't break any more than it already has

I wanna leave the hurt behind, leave it in the past

My soul is bruised from all the others that I let inside

Tell me it's different this time

"Trust Fall": Bebe Rexha

When we arrived at the tea shop he came again to open the door for me and I didn't try to open it this time

I thanked him and got out.

"I had a great night Katherine, I hope you did too," He gave me the Zane smile and I couldn't stop myself from smiling back.

It's been a few days since I smiled and somehow it felt good. I forgot about my messed-up life.

"I had fun too," I said back.

He came closer to me, our bodies a few inches away. I tilt my head a bit confused by his sudden move. He then bent down to match my height a bit and wrapped his arms around me.

"I need my recharge"

This time the hug didn't feel tense or awkward. It was rather very comforting and before I knew it I already wrapped my arms around his waist.

He placed his head on my shoulder and we stayed like this for a few minutes in complete silence.

Friends hug right? This is normal.

Or maybe it was me who desperately needed the hug and that's why it felt good.

We parted ways but before I left he stayed there. Leaning against his car and watching me drive. Was he making sure I left safely?

I didn't know what to make of this new friendship. I wasn't even sure that his intentions were good.

I was someone who gave way too many chances and trusted people too easily. So it wasn't that hard to give him a chance.

Despite the good conversation we had at dinner I could not trust Zane completely.

I still haven't forgotten about his strange relationship with my sister. What if his intention was to have both of us?

My phone vibrated the moment I got back to the motel.

Zane: did u get home safe?

Me: I did. U? Did u drive safely?