Christmas Eve | 54

December 24th

It's Christmas Eve and I swear to the fucking gods if one more person says merry Christmas to me then I'll rip their fucking head off.

I just have to hang in there, Chrissy is super excited so I can't ruin this for her. Though I still can't look at the Christmas tree without wanting to literally set it on fire.

I don't know why I hate Christmas so much, I mean I should be glad that I'm allowed to celebrate it, my father never allowed it growing up. But I dunno, I guess I'm the grinch or some shit like that, I think that's his name, ya know the green guy?

Anygays, Chrissy is at a friends house for today, so I don't have to fake smile all the time thankfully,

I promised Harley I'd stop by the tower today so that's where I'm going now. It just has to be snowing, then there's those stupid fucking Christmas lights everywhere I look! It's fucking exhausting.

I CAN'T EVEN RIDE MY SKATEBOARD BECAUSE OF THE STUPID ICE AND SNOW!!! I HAVE YO WALK! PETER DON'T LIKE WALKING BITCH! YOU MIGHT BE LIKE 'oh but Peter you have super speed now just use that' WELL WHY DON'T YOU TRY RUNNING ON ICE SUSAN!! SEE YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE ON A FUCKING TREADMILL AND YOU LOOK FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done with that outburst, maybe I was being too dramatic... nahhhhh.

I get to the tower and grumpily trudge in, not bothering saying anything to anyone.

"Hey Pete! Merry Christmas!" FOR FUCK SAKE SANDRA, WHY DO YOU HAVE YO DO THIS TO ME?!!!!

"No" I say to her and just walk past into the elevator, Fri taking me to the living room floor as per usual.

As I walk out there's stupid tinsel hanging from the elevator way thingy, idk.

I yank it away rip it in half and throw it in the trash can which is conveniently just outside the elevator.

"Well okay then" I hear Clint say and look up to see the team look at me in amusement.

"Merry Christmas Peter!" Scott says with a wide grin and a Santa hat, holding a half eating Christmas cookie.

I knocked the cookie out his hand and stomped on the ugly illustration of Santa many times.

"Fuck you!" I say and he splutters know disbelief and disappointment, "but... my cookie" he states sadly.

"I've had enough of this festive shit, I want to rip all my goddamn hair out, I want it to be over. Do you know how hard it is to not tell a 6 year old that Santa isn't real, and the fucking Christmas movies, they're on all day on repeat. Then everyone is suddenly nice to me, saying oh merry Christmas Peter! happy holidays Peter! AND WHAT'S UP WITH THE ANNOYING SINGING?! Everywhere I go I hear it, it's like it's in my head now, I can hear the little fucking creepy elves singing now and I CANT EVEN FUCKING SEE THEM! IF SANTA WAS REAL I'D HAVE HIS HEAD ON A FUCKING STAKE JUST TO WIPE THAT GODDAMN SMILE AWAY! And the snow! The fucking snow, what is the point in snow? It's just cold and it gets your feet all wet and goes all sludgy when it rains. Then there's ice, I FELL COMING HERE, TWO TIMES! Then there's all those ugly decorations and flashing rainbow lights. I MIGHT BE GAY BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WANNA SEE RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE I LOOK! FUCKKKKK!" I rant on and on as I pace back and forth pointing out the windows at the snow and lights.

"I don't think he likes Christmas" Clint whispers to Natasha.

"You done now kid?" She ask me and with a huff I compose myself.

"I wasn't but I'll shut up" I say, crossing my arms.

"How can you not like Christmas?" Steve asks with a raised brow.