Chapter 34

I scratch nervously on the top of my thighs before knocking my fist lightly against the door

I scratch nervously on the top of my thighs before knocking my fist lightly against the door. My mind starts racing at the different scenarios that could play out as soon as I walk through. Hunter seemed pretty relaxed when he came to the kitchen earlier so it makes the possibilities about it being something bad, smaller.

At the faint 'come in', I pull the handle down and enter, trying my best not to look Aiden's way. My whole body tingles as I feel his eyes piercing through me. The urge to turn my head in his direction grows bigger and I have to clench my fists to restrain myself from doing so. "Hey, you guys wanted to talk?" I question with a hoarse voice.

Xavier furrows his eyebrows worriedly and stands up from the armchair in front of the couch, taking three, long strides to where I'm standing by the door. "Are you sick? Should I take you to the doctors?" He asks, putting his palm on my now damp forehead.

This sweatshirt is too damn hot.

"No, I'm fine, it's just-" The reason I currently feel the soreness in my throat decides to speak up just then, a tingling feeling appears between my legs at the sound of his velvety, deep voice. "You should drink something warm," all of our eyes snap to Aiden who looks straight at me with an emotionless expression that, unfortunately, I can see right through.

"It helps with the sore throat," the amusement he finds in my rather nerve wrecking situation, doesn't go unnoticed by me and neither does the dark, ink drawings beneath his white dress shirt.

The one he had on while spanking me hours ago ...

I clear the pussy throbbing images from last night away before speaking up, "yeah, I will make some tea or something later, now why did you guys want to talk to me?" I ask, taking a seat in the far corner of the couch, close yet far enough away from Aiden so the guys won't suspect anything. He inches closer to me discretely.

"Well for starters, you won't work with us-" I cut Xavier off, confusion clear in my voice when I ask him why.

They told me that I could make that decision once I got a 'taste' of what it is like to be surrounded by criminals, that aren't family, so this is definitely not what I expected to hear, then again, many of the things happening to us are unexpected. Many of which have been happening to me lately.

"... At the base," he continues, ignoring my interruption. "It's too dangerous to have you exposed, from now on you only follow omertà and you will train. And don't even think about begging my second in command for more." He speaks with finality and sends a look to Hunter at the end.

My other brother just rolls his eyes at Xav and slumps against the back of the couch.

"Why not?" I see Aiden shaking his head with a sigh from my peripheral vision. "Because I said so, principessa. You start training tomorrow with Hunter." Xavier answers, without any further explanation and the only thing I can do is, suck it up and follow his orders.