Chapter-33

HELLO LOVELY READERS,
So I decided to update 2 chapters now and another 2 in the evening.
Enjoy;)

*********

Nova

Tonight, for the first time when I saw Nicholas, I did not see a powerful, feared and a mighty King who had conquered all of the land but all I saw was a broken little boy who was physically and mentally abused by his own kin.

That little kid has gone through a lot and still suffers from that trauma.
It broke my heart to think that a mother and a father who are supposed to love and protect their child were the very ones who stole the light from his life.
I couldn’t stop my tears after that!

And if things couldn’t get more inhumane, they snatched poor Theo out of his life. How could they kill their own child?
They were demons!
I couldn’t imagine what he must have gone through when he saw his brother dying in front of his eyes.
I felt so damn guilty when I remembered the times I had verbally hurt Nicholas.
No, he is not an evil monster or a bad guy!
He was made into one.

Exhaustion was visible in his eyes. He was tired of being on his guard all his life, he was tired of acting like he was not affected by his past.
And above all, he was getting worried about me crying.
I also understood why he acted the way he did with my dad.
His own father was a villain in his story so it’s natural for him to think about my dad in the same way.

“Do you think of him?” I asked referring to his little brother Theo.

Of course he does!
I mentally slapped myself for asking such a stupid question.

He stared at me, his hard gaze piercing through my soul.
“No”. That was all he said without any expression on his face at all.

“That’s not true…..We both know you miss him”
“BUT ALL I WANT TO DO IS FORGET HIM” he roared in despair.
I sighed softly.
He has got it all wrong!

I took his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. His dark eyes watched my every movement intently.
“Come with me” I said, pulling him towards the door.

I led him out of the room and into the corridors. He didn’t question me or ask where I was taking him in the middle of the night when the whole Kingdom was fast asleep.
We reached the garden soon enough.
It was a full moon night indicating that a month had passed since I came here.
Ah! How things have changed.

“Look at the sky, Nicholas” I pointed at the starry sky which looked breath-taking as always.
“Those stars stay there forever, shining brightly in the darkness and there lies Theo too, shining among those stars.
He was never gone. He might have not been with you all these years but that doesn’t mean he isn’t watching over you.

Don’t you think Theo would be unhappy if he heard you saying you wanted to forget him?
He definitely would not want to hear his own brother talking bitterly about him.

I also know your love for him has never changed over these years, and just like these stars he is alive in your every thought, in every memory you have made together.
You couldn’t save your little brother but it’s also not your fault. There’s no way you could have known.

So, stop blaming yourself for the things you haven’t done because we both know if it were possible you would have saved him.
And please, when you think about him, do not let those dark and awful things about your past conquer your heart, instead think of those joyous moments you have had with your little brother.

Nicholas, there is good in the world and no doubt you are good. You should give life another chance because you sure as hell deserve to be happy, do you understand?” I finished.