Chapter-34

Why do I get weird dreams?
Anyways, enjoy the chapter❤️

******

Nova

I paced around the room frantically.
It had been over a month since I came here and getting my period is completely normal. I should have been expecting this to happen.
But, I was in the freaking sixteenth century.
I definitely did not think about this. Of course you didn’t!

“How could you forget mother nature’s blessing?” My subconscious mocked at me.
What am I going to do now!?
I had no tampons or sanitary napkins.

Okay! Nova, breathe!
We’ll figure this out. No need to panic.
But I feel like crying right now for no reason at all! And yeah my tummy hurts too.
AND. I. NEED. ICE CREAM!

Just then Ada barged inside like a fairy godmother.
“Oh thank goodness you are here, Ada” I almost screamed in joy.

Before I could even tell her she cut me off.
“I know dear. Nicholas told me and I came right away” she said with a warm smile.

Nicholas told her!?
Oh my god! Did he see those blood stains?
This is so embarrassing.
What must he be thinking? He probably must have grossed out seeing all the blood.

“Here, take this” she said and handed me a very thick but soft cloth material.
“Now off you go. Take a bath and get ready. I will change those sheets in the meantime” she said.
I looked at the piece of cloth in my hand.
I was having second thoughts.

“Uh Ada…? Are you sure about this?” I said holding up the material in front of her.

I mean cloth is not very hygienic or sanitary to use…..but I might not have a choice right now.
Plus, the material seems like it is a good absorbent.

“That isn’t an ordinary piece of cloth, my dear. It is called Anetos. It’s a rare type of fabric, only found in The Mountains of Tenebris. Trust me, it wouldn’t cause you any discomfort” she assured.

I went inside one of the rooms which had a bathtub. I discarded the dirty gown and took a quick warm bath. I decided to dress into one of the dark coloured clothes to avoid the risk of staining the dresses.
After getting completely dressed and ready I came outside to see Ada waiting for me.

She was right! The cloth was very comfortable.
“I have stacked enough of the Anetos rags in your closet. You won’t have to worry about staining your clothes now”
“Thank you Ada. You are really a lifesaver” I said gratefully and hugged her.
She giggled and said,
“It’s always my pleasure to serve you, Nova”

I pulled back and smiled at her.
“Okay then…I’ll see you later”
“Not so fast, young lady. Nicholas wants me to personally ensure that you eat something. You can go anywhere after that” she said strictly.
“Ugh! Fine” I whined and followed her to the dining room.
I did have a good breakfast but sadly, they don’t have any ice cream here.

Now, I decided to go look for Nicholas.
He must probably be in the throne room or maybe in that room full of weapons.
I decided to go to the throne room first.

“Where are you heading at, mi lady?” a chirpy male voice echoed in the long corridor.
I turned around and saw it was none other than Carter.
I sighed in relief. Ever since that fire incident I was always paranoid.

“Oh Hello, General Carter, I was looking for Nicholas. Do you know where he is?” I grinned widely.
“Not the General please. It makes me sound like an old man” he scrunched up his nose in disgust.