❤6❤

Only he knew how much it was difficult for him to break this news to his daughter, that too on her first morning after wedding.

"Abbu. Mai janti hu apko mazak ki adat hai. Leki ye bhot zada ho gaya." She scoffed at her father.

(Abbu I know you have habit of joking. But this is too much now.)

"MAI MAZAK NAHI KAR RAHA. TUMHARA HAADI MAR GAYA HAI. BEWAH HO GAI HO TUM." He screamed on top of his lungs making her flinch.

(I AM NOT KIDDING. YOUR HAADI IS DEAD. YOU ARE A WIDOW NOW.)

"Ap aisehi karte hai hamesha. Mujhe achi khabar dene se pehle ap yahi karte hai. Ammi kahe na abbu se sach bole ab. Or mere Haadi ko bich me laane ki kya zarurat thi." She was stating all this casually scaring the crap out of her parents. Mr. Alam was looking at his wife zoned out.

(You always do this abbu before giving me good news. Ammi tell abbu to say the truth. And don't bring my Haadi in between.)

"Wo sach keh rahe hai." Her mother stated. (He is telling the truth.)

"Ammi ab ap bhi abbu ka sath dene lag gai." She stood up angrily.

(Ammi you are also siding up with him now.)

"TUMHARA HAADI MAR CHUKA HAI ILANA. HOSH ME AAO. BEWAH HO GAI HO TUM. FARHAAD MAR GAYA." Her mother grabbed her shoulders and shook her violently.

(YOUR HAADI IS DEAD. COME TO YOUR SENSES. YOU ARE A WIDOW.)

"Aisa nahi ho sakta. Ap log jhoot bol rahe hai. Mera Haadi nahi mar sakta." A tear escaped her eye unknown to her. "Wo zinda hai. Samaj ayi hai apko. Wo zinda hai. Aisa bolna band kare ap log. Wo aise kaise mujhe chod kar jaa sakte hai? Aane de unhe main achi khabar lungi. Agli baar jaa kar to dekhe wo mere begair." She herself didn't know what was she talking about.

(This can't happen. You all are lying to me. Haadi can't die. He is alive. Do you understand? He is alive. Stop saying this again and again. How  an he go leaving me behind? Let him come. Be will have it from me. I dare him to go without me next time.)

"Hosh me aao Ilana. Meri bachi. Wo nahi hai ab. Wo nahi ayega." Her mother tried to engulf her in a hug but she brushed off her hands.

(Ilana. My daughter come to your senses. He is no more. He won't come.)

"Ap hosh me aaiye Ammi. Aisa bolna band kare. Yeh dekhe…" she showed her mehndi clad hands to her mother. "Meri mehndi ka rang to dekhe. Wo mohabbat karte hai mujhse. Aise kaise chod kar jaa sakte hai? Unhone to abhi apna naam dhundna tha meri mehndi…Haadi." she couldn't take it anymore. Her brain got shut down and she engulfed darkness falling in her father's arms.

(You come to your senses Ammi. Stop saying this again and again. Look...look at the colour of my henna. He loves me. How can he leave me? He still have to find his name in my henna. Haadi…)

×××××××××

"HAADIIIIIII." She woke up from her sleep screaming his name making him startle in his sleep.

"Lana what happened?" He immediately came to her side. She was sweating profusely, her breath ragged as tears continuously fell from her eyes.

"Haadi...Haadi...wo...Haadi." she cried hysterically as he immediately engulfed her in a hug. She cried so much that even his soothing words were not working on her.

He let her cry on his shoulder as her fingers dug in his bare skin.

"Jaana? What happened? Had a bad dream?" He asked after a while moving away.

"Aaahhhh." She screamed looking at him. "You? Ap? Ap yaha kaise? Ap zinda hai? Ap haina yaha? Ap sach me hai?" She started feeling him tracing her fingers on his entire face. "Ap sach me zinda hai na? Bataiye? Mai khwab nahi dekh rahi na?" She kept her both hands on his either cheeks and asked looking at him as if, if she didn't touch him he will disappear.