One hundred and nine

"Herman gave me the instructions for if she dies," Arizona muttered, handing Erin a cup of coffee as she read over the charts before her next surgery.

"Well, she only has a few weeks left before the tumour screws her over, baby," Erin said, wrapping her arm around Arizona's waist.

"I know, but still. I don't want to know," Arizona sighed, putting her head on Erin's shoulder.

"You're the closest thing she has to family right now. You're her person. We're her family. I mean, she lives with us. She eats breakfast with our kids. Archie calls her Coley and Rueben only likes sleeping if he has the giraffe teddy she bought him," Erin said.

"I know," Arizona groaned. "She doesn't have long left," she said quietly.

"I know," Erin said, stroking her hair out of her face. "You guys have surgeries today?" she asked.

"Herman wants to take Bailey's friend in today but the baby is only twenty four weeks so she said she'd give her an extra week because I called her out and said that her ignoring Amelia's advice is the same as the patient is doing to her and that it's very annoying so she needs to listen to Amelia," Arizona said.

Erin laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Well, I have surgery in an hour but I will find you after and we can have lunch with the boys. Okay?" Erin said.

"Okay," Arizona kissed her and watched her walk down the hallway.

"Like this, Rue," Archie said, getting on his hands and knees and crawling across the living room.

Rueben, currently on his hands and knees but not moving, stared blankly at his big brother.

"Rue, c'mon!" Archie whined.

"He'll do it when he's ready, Arch. You know babies have to learn things and they'll do it in their own time," Erin said, looking over at the boys from her position on the couch. Amelia looked up from beside her, the two of them going over her surgical plan for Herman's tumour.

"I want him to crawl," Archie pouted.

"I know, but he needs you to be really patient with him while he's learning. Remember what mommy said? He'll take a long time to learn and he's gonna need you to show him how to do it," Erin said.

"I know," Archie sighed. He crawled back over to Rueben. "Like this," he said, demonstrating very slowly how to do it.

Rueben laughed at him, rocking backwards and forwards.

"Come on," Archie smiled at his brother.

Rueben, now seven months old, had the same blonde hair as Erin, but the same blue eyes as Arizona. He was smaller than Archie had been, but was crawling before Archie had been, so they weren't worried at all.

"Rue, come on," Archie pouted, crawling to the other end of the room.

"Give him time, baby," Erin said, looking back at the plan with Amelia.

They had been reading it for a few minutes before they looked back up at the kids. Erin blinked.

Rueben was on the other side of the room with Archie.

"Did you carry him?" Amelia asked.

"No," Archie shrugged. "He did it," he said.

"He crawled?" Erin said.

"Yeah," Archie nodded. "Look," he said. "Rue, c'mon," he said, crawling across the room.

Erin grabbed her phone, barely managing to start recording before Rueben had crawled across the living room floor.