chapter 4

the moment we got threw the door of our house i ran off for clary and right into moms arms crying my eyes out hugging onto her completely letting myself regress since im home now.

"mom" i cry hugging her. she wraps her arms around me holding the back of my head hugging me.

i dont rememeber how we got to the sofa me layed on her lap my thumb in my mouth my eyes slowly opening and closing as clary passes back and fouth infront of us but thats where was are now.

"And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the body builder's face, and... and then the guy just... vaporized."clary rants her breath going all shaky as she speaks.

this also makes me remeber what i saw in the club. i pull my thumb out my mouth and look up at mom.

"i saw a floating man." i tell her but she shhes me making me shrug and cuddle back into her lap putting my thub back into my mouth.

"I mean, I was drugged, right?" clary asks mom looking at her seriously.

"What did the markings look like on the blonde boy you were talking about?" mom asks clary she lifts me off her making me sit next to her making me whine.

"who cares mom! are you even listening to me.?!" clary shouts at mom her voice desperate and confused." i think i killed a guy...." clary mutters running a distressed hand threw her bright orange hair.

i sit there looking up at her as she breaths heavily frowning. i look at mom feeling her reach behind and into her back pokcet she pulls out an heirloom like mine an clarys and waves it over her arm.

a strange symbol appears. it looks similar to the ones we drew on the van today.

"clary....did they look like this?...."mom asks looking up at calry slowly. clary stares back at our mother , her eyes stuck on the spot on mom wrist where the marking has appeared.

"wow...." i whisper staring at it. 

"Mom, what the..."calry goes to say stepping backwards but mom cuts her off standing up quickly.

"Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation, and I've dreaded having this conversation with you since the day you were born."mom speaks she walks over to clary each step she takes clary takes another step backwards.

i sit on the sofa behind them watching as my mom walks up to my sister and she backs away.

"What is going on?... "clary asks crying slightly now."am....am...Am I going insane?"clary aks looking up at her desperation in her eyes as tears threten to fall down her face.

"mom?" i call whining slightly not liking seeing my sister almost in tears.

"No, you're not. But the protections are wearing off....for both of you."mom says lsowly looking back at me. i pout reaching for her but she shakes her head. she turns back to look at clary." You're 18 now, and you need to know the truth."mom says slowly stepping away from clary and back over to the sofa taking a seat next to me.

i imedietly climb into her lap hugging her tightly tears now wanting to come out of my eye as im so confused.

"Protections? What does that even mean?"clary asks really confused."Mom, you... Mom, you're scaring the hell out of me."clary says her voice clearly showing how confused and upset she was.

"i know and thats why ive put this off until the last possible minute." mom says slowly looking up at calry as she holds me tightly against her as i start to whimper.

suddenly the front door opens making me jump and dot comes rushing into the room.

"jocelyn look out the window" dot says quickly out of breath.

mom puts a hand on the back of my head standing up holding me on her hip she walks towards the window quickly she breaths heavily looking out.i lean my head out of her shoulder and look out the window too. 

looking out and see a red car at the bottom of the building men in suits climbing out. worriedly i hide my head back in her shoulder and  and slowly turns around holding me and steps back over to clary.

"Magnus called to warn us. They found you....."dot says standing next to my confused sister as mom walks towards them holding me on her hip.

mom and dot look at each other staring at each others faces.

"dot its time..."mom says quickly."clary take your sister."mom says quickly lifitng me off her hip and to clary.

"mom?" i ask confused as clary stands me next to her holding my hand tightly.

"you cannot be near me."mom says suddnely rushing past us and over to our bookshelve grabbing something from it as she rants."I got a very powerful person angry."she explains grabbing whater it is and marching back over to us.

"what did you do?2 clray asks desperately holding my hand tightly as i whimper.

" i hid something from him and his followers."mom speask quickly standing infront of us.

"followers? why cant we just call the police?"clary asks mom quickly,

"lukey." i whiney pulling on clarys hand.

"yes you need to call luke."mom says before putting a strange necklace around clarys neck.". Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it."she tells clary quickly.

"Mom, this is not the time for more birthday gifts. What the hell is happening?"clary shouts at mom makingme start to cry loudly.

dot comes rushing over a galss bottle of bright green liquid in her hands.

"only if you need it." she says passing it to mom.

mom nods and grabs it before grabbing mine and clarys ars and tugging us over to dot.

"Trust your instincts. You're more powerful than you know....both of you."mom says looking down at me a sad smile on her face.

"mom i need to understand whats..." clary goes to say sbhrugging moms hand off her but mom doesnt lisetn.

"dot open it." she says quickly to dot. i rub my eyes looking over t dot wiping the tears away as she lifts her arm up and purple sparks start to flot out of her hand.

i stare at her and whatever she is doing as clary does to only looking away when mom pulls us over to this stange purple potal thingy.

"Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you more than words." mom says looking at us both.

"What are you doing?"clary asks mom tears now falling down her face.

"mommy?" i ask whimpering holding onto clarys hand tightly.

"luke will explain everything. He'll hide you both." mom explain pushing us back slightly.

"Hide us?" i mutter under my breth confused.

"From the Circle. He's the only one you can trust. Trust no one else." mom says kissing our heads quickly and stepping back.

"Mom, I don't..." clary shouts as a suddnelt wind starts to appear from behind us.

" Where's Luke now?!"mom shouts over the large gushing sound. i start to crying loduly making clary wrap her arms around me and hug me.

" At the police station!"clary shouts back confused over the loud noises. i cry into her shoulder hiding. 

"Remember, I love you both." is the last thimng i hear my mom say before she pushes us back and into the starnge purple thing and i land on clarys lap uncomftabley.