Chapter 11

After Lorraine had calmed down, she had convinced Ed to go to school and not skip the first classes with her. Reluctantly, he agreed and left even if every single minute out of it made him hate himself.
When he was walking on the hallways to meet with his friends, something caught his eye. In an empty class, the principle stood with Ruby and her father. As careful as possible, he walked to the glass.
Everything about Ruby was wrong. Her skin was pale as if no blood flowed through her veins. Her eyes didn't have any human sign in them and her wrists were trembling.
"What is she doing here?" he asked himself in silence.
'Ed, why are you standing there like like idiot?'
Adam playfully slapped his back, while holding Amber's hand.
'Is that Ruby?' the girl asked.
'That's why he had rushed us like that,' Ed said. 'Because he wanted to come here.'
'And why the hell would she bring her too? Especially if she is "sick" as he says.'
'Do you want to go inside?' Amber spoke.
'How?'
She threw both of them a wicked smile.
'Come on guys, are you that scared?'
Without any other word, she began walking to the door. Ed rose an eyebrow to his friend.
'You chose well, mate.'
They giggled and walked after her.
'I'm so sorry to interrupt, professor,' she began with a charming voice. 'I have a few questions about an exam and I couldn't find you in your office.'
Meanwhile, Ed watched the possessed girl carefully. The presence of so many people disturbed her. Her head was slowly flinching at every noise.
Until a strange noise came out of her mouth. First low, and no one heard except from him. Then louder and louder. Until it turned into screams. Screams with the voice of a man.
Amber grabbed Adam's arm and muttered something. The other two men watched in confusion.
Chairs started to tremble. Slowly, but loud like a choir. Everyone stared around in confusion.
A window broke and Ruby caught one of the pieces from the air.
'Ruby, no!' Ed screamed, expecting what she would do.
Yet he expected wrong. The sharp piece of glass wasn't for her own gut. But for her father's.
'Die, old man,' she spoke with that creepy voice.
'Ruby, what are you doing?' he asked with fear.
Adam wanted to leap to her and pull her away. Yet, Ed's arm stopped him.
'Don't touch her!'
'She's going to kill him!'
'Adam, don't!'
With that power, it was too dangerous to try and stop her.
However, he freed himself from his friend's grip. And jumped to the girl.
The moment their skins touched, Adam screamed. He screamed like his whole body burned.
'No!' Amber cried.
The blonde girl kneeled and caught him before falling on the ground.
'Adam, what did you do?'
Ed didn't watch him anymore. He took of his jacket and used it as a hook to push her away. Gladly, she didn't turn to hurt him.
'Ruby, avoid that feeling. Push it away! Take control of your body.'
She screamed, this time with her own voice. The girl was struggling between her own consciousness and the demon.
'Ruby, you have the power! Think of the light.'
And he started to pray. A short prayer, the first one that came to his mind.
Until Ruby fell powerless on the ground. Crying.
'I'm so sorry,' she kept whispering.
First, she checked her father. He wasn't hurt at all. Then, her eyes ran to Adam.
In that silence that suddenly laid over them, Amber's cries could be heard.
'Adam?' Ruby tried to crawl to him. 'Adam, I'm so sorry.'
'Hey, sweetie, stay with me.'
His eyes rolled up and he fainted in her arms.
'Somebody get help!'

A few hours later, Adam woke up like nothing had happened. Left with just a terrible headache. And also very concerned people with him who almost yelled at him for being stupid. Unfortunately, Lorraine had to prepare stuff for the funeral and couldn't come and visit.
'I just tried to help!' he protested with frustration.
'I told you not to touch her, idiot. Not when she was like that!'
'Something a lot worse could have happened,' Amber joined him, finally calming the shaking of her hands and the cracking of her voice. 'You should have listened to Ed!'
'What about Ruby? She could have died.'
'And you couldn't have stopped it, anyway! You scared the crap out of me!'
It was the first time any of them had seen Amber scream like that. And the two boys remained stunned.
'I think you two need to talk,' Ed said lowly after noticing the tension between them. 'Just call me if you need anything. And if anything strange happens.'
The boy nodded, barely focusing at his friend.

When Ed got home, he threw himself on the couch and laid there for a while. Too many things had happened to him. Too many for a seventeen years old teenager.
Lorraine was overwhelmed, Adam had been unconscious, Amber almost broke apart when he had explained her everything.
And he had no one but them. Watching them ruined him.
Watching Lorraine made him feel depressed.
It was strange, but no matter how much time they had spent together the past days, he missed her. Because they didn't get to actually stay together and talk about normal stuff.
It was all a mess.
He leaned to the phone and remained with his hands in the air.
Because they were entirely bruised.

~Things are getting pretty dangerous. Once again, I hope you like it and leave a comment and a vote if you do💗~