sixty three - "I'll never forget this day"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

Hills High was always a special school filled with different traditions and one of the traditions was that graduation and prom was on the same day. In the morning everyone prepared for graduation and later in the night everyone was in a rush to get ready for prom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I had my cap and gown on over a white dress. My long black hair was styled in curls and I looked good but I can't seem to be happy.

There's literally no reason for me to feel happy? If I was a regular teenager I would be excited about prom and graduation because yay done with high school and ready for college and crazy parties but I can't because I had to be born Willow Edwards.

"Oh my baby! Look at you! I'm so proud of you Willow." I heard my mom say while walking into my room.

"Mooom! You know I'm not a little girl anymore" I said and my mom kept her proud smile and teary eyes, "I know honey, I'm proud of you for growing up with such a confident and independent personality. You're going to places with that attitude and brain of yours my strong girl. You're not going to end up like me" she ended her words and I gulped.

I'm so sorry mom.

"Hurry up now miss, your lover is waiting for you downstairs and oh! Don't forget your speech too" she said before walking out and I grabbed the speech I wrote for graduation. Everyone was going to say something, it was a tradition. I had a very accurate speech ready. At least I think so?

I closed my bedroom door behind me before starting to walk downstairs. I walked the last step and heard my mom and Sargent chatting in the living room. Sargent and mom got along really well, which made me so happy but sad at the same time because Sargent won't be the one I'm marrying or growing old with.

"Hey, you look really handsome" I said while approaching Sargent with a long hug. Ah, I loved breathing his amazing scent. I have to steal one of his t-shirts before leaving.

"You look gorgeous baby" he whispered into my ear and I blushed not just because of his compliment but the way my mother was teasing me behind his back.

"Thank you" I said and gave him a long peck on the cheek since my mother was with us.

"Let's get going then" My mother said before fixing herself in front of the mirror and we all walked towards Sargents car.

The whole ride to school was hell. Well for me. Those 7 minutes to school killed me from within and it felt like my heart was going to explode from the nervousness and anxiety my body felt. This is hell.

Imagine you're literally leaving an entire life behind and everyone you love and they don't even know about it. They don't know they have 2 days with you, well actually one since the day I leave doesn't count but since I'm leaving during the night I can still have some time with everyone during the day. Sargent has a surprise for us all tomorrow so that's our plans for tomorrow and the day after is...when I'm leaving.