60

Hawks landed in front of you the moment you arrived outside of the house you were staying in.

Even using your speed, it had taken around twenty minutes to get back, and instead of acknowledging the heroes presence, you took a moment to get your breathing back under control. Running whilst using your speed didn't typically wind you or tire you out too much, which is why you felt comfortable doing that but not any sort of normal running. 

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" Hawks asked. 

His face was nearly as red as his wings. Whether it was from anger, or from the effort it had taken him to fly such a long distance, you couldn't tell.

You took another couple of breaths before responding in a sarcastic tone. "No, I have absolutely no idea, please enlighten me."

"This isn't a joke. Everything you did, going against the law, revealing your identity, trying to expose the hero commission, all of that only put a bigger target on your back. Now, it's not only gonna be the villains coming after you, but the heroes too."

"Right..." you dramatically extended the word as you spoke it, "and how is that any different from before?"

Hawks put a hand over his face and loosed an exasperated sigh. "It's different because you aren't officially under anyone's protection anymore. You may have gotten used to getting away with things because you had Eraserhead there to defend you, but right now, you're on your own, and people are coming at you from every possible direction."

His own words seemed to register in his head, because he froze after finishing the last sentence.

Good, you liked watching the regret slowly seeping over his face. After everything that had happened, he had the nerve to bring Aizawas' name into his own stupid lecture?

You stepped closer to him, still breathing heavily. "Aren't you the one saying that I'm under your protection? Over and over again you've tried to convince me to trust you by saying 'I promised to protect you,' and now you're saying that I'm on my own in all this? Which one is it, huh?"

He clenched his fists. "I am trying my hardest to do what I promised, but you make it incredibly difficult when you cause trouble like this!"

"Then stop trying!" You shouted, throwing your arms above your head. "I never asked for your help,  so far all it's done is landed me in even more shit than before!"

He'd been the one to give you the tools needed to take on the role of a vigilante, he'd known that the League planned on sending a Nomu to attack, and when you'd been held captive, he hadn't told a single person about it. Your feelings toward him may be confusing, especially after learning of his relation to your mother, but you knew for sure that you wouldn't allow him to continue acting like what he did was in your best interest.

"Listen," Hawks said. "This isn't the conversation I wanted to have. I'm just trying to get you to understand the gravity of the situation here." His phone buzzed in his pocket and he quickly grabbed it. His agitation seemed to grow as he read whatever message he'd been sent. "A group of pro-heroes are being called for a meeting. I'm sure you can guess what it's about."

"I'm sure I can." You began walking inside, brushing against his wing as you passed him. "You know, is it really smart for you to be worrying about me right now? Especially considering that the villains could be on your tail at any minute now."

He looked over his shoulder. "What do you mean?"

"The League knows about your betrayal, Hawks, All For One told me himself. I'm not sure why they haven't come for you yet, but you need to be watching your back."