I. four

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

"Did you have a nice trip?" Mr. Cho turned to face Vincenzo as he rounded the corner and walked to the front entrance of Geumga Plaza.

"Yes," he nodded with a small smile and greeted.

Mr. Cho shifted where he stood and fully face him before bearing the news, "The team leader from Babel's Investment and Development is on his way."

"I'll go and meet him," Vincenzo agreed. "Where should we meet?" he searched for a suggestion in Mr. Cho's eyes.

The man blinked and sighed softly in thought, looking out into the busy street in front of them but none of the local coffee shops left an impression. Not when his instinct was to compare them all against the one inside his plaza building. "I know just the place."

"Wait, in there?" Vincenzo turned back with Mr. Cho and looked at Geumga Plaza with a raised and hesitant brow.

Mr. Cho waved him in with an amused smile, although he understood the doubt taken over his friend's expression. 

The building was hardly inviting with faulty electricity, poor air conditioning, and quite a few plumbing issues. However, there laid a hidden gem amongst all that unsightly. And he wasn't just referring to the gold.

The moment Mr. Cho opened the door to the Silver Star Book Café, Vincenzo was met with a scent so specific to Italia, it lured him inside instantly like a spell.

Coffee and sugar permeated the air around them, but the more he breathed in the more he could pick out the underlying fragrances. Orange blossom and pine nuts brought him back to the pandolce his family served during Christmas time. Honey and rosemary, too, lingered with the memories of his mom's favorite tea.

In fact, Ms. Hong's business was nothing like her house unit. Nothing like the other establishments either. Where those spaces were a perfect example of organized chaos and health-code violation lawsuits just waiting to happen, this one was left impeccable.

The coffee marble of the round tabletops and oak wood floor shone clean, chairs comfortably cushioned and rid of any rickety old legs and armrests. Floor-to-ceiling white bookshelves covered the expanse of the right and left walls, every nook filled with seamlessly arranged and dusted books. The recessed lighting on the ceiling not too dim or harsh to distract or hurt the eyes at all. On the front wall, stood the barista's kitchen front-and-center, with a large blackboard hoisted above. The Menu read in elegant cursive from sky blue chalk, prices perfectly aligned with their respective descriptions.

There was care and pride evidently taken into this place.

"Mr. Cho," the young woman came out of an olive green and glass-paned office door to their right of the cashier's counter. Her welcoming smile teetered just enough to be noticed by Vincenzo when her eyes took in his presence behind the shorter man. "...Mr. Cassano, good afternoon."