15. Arrow

TW: VIOLENCE

"Why are you going to a hospital?"

"Are you sick?"

She kept getting questions even before taking her leave. She turned her heels to look at the worried friends, and with a smile, she softly spoke, "I'm not sick, just some regular check up."

A regular check up to treat her short-term memory loss.

Her mother, Astria, gazed at her young daughter, trying to comfort the two boys. "Really? That means you have a problem!" Diluc exclaimed, earning a shake from the h/c girl.

Like the usual days, they planned to play after Kaeya and Diluc's tutor. However, those needed to postpone much to their own dismay. Kaeya, whom stood there, unable to utter a word. "If you have something in your mind, you can always tell us!" The red headed continued.

Stood from afar was a man, smiling with the well-known warmth he'd give. "Diluc! Kaeya!" He called his sons, waving his hand high up in the air before making his way to the carriage.

"Father! Father! What's wrong with Y/n? Why is she leaving?"

Astria let out a small chuckle. Y/n turned her head, smiling brightly at her mother's chuckle. "Mom! Can I play with them after this?" Her eyes beamed with anticipation. "Of course, you can play. But don't forget to help Anwyll."

Y/n smiled, satisfied with the answer given by her mother. "Astria, you've arrived," the master of the house greeted. Astria walked down the cart, bowing her head down. "It's an honor for you to give us your best doctor."

"Don't mention it, Astria. I also need to know why she spaces out a lot," Crepus informed. Y/n's eyes wandered around curiosly, still watching as the brothers ran into their manor.

"Don't make my doctor waiting. Go and may Barbatos protect you along the way." Crepus's smile had always amazed the little h/c haired as he bid them a farewell.

***

The mist of the lake brushed against his skin, fingers tracing along with the lake. He gripped the wooden boat, clenched it in hostile, of course, no one would expect the well-known captain calvary to be this hostile.

Though, his face showed no sign of high awareness.

The fog laid upon the lake, setting them sailed to wherever they could go. Before Kaeya, was the man in black, golden hair, and the oceanic blue eyes that could get yourself drown in them, not to mention一the exotic black outfit.

He was clearly someone outside of Mondstad. The once warm lilac eye belonged to Kaeya, turned into the frozen lake, colder than the sincerity he'd express to people. "Well?" Kaeya's spoke, his voice was crystal clear in the foggy place.

The scene and place reminded him scenes from novels he'd read. The blonde man didn't speak a word other than the serious and stoic eyes he gave.

Just one stare managed to speak thousands of words.

"Cat got your tongue?"

Dainsleif scoffed to the other side, gazing at the mist as it went softer. "Remember your purpose here, don't forget about our nation there."

Kaeya didn't need to be reminded twice, he knew the purpose of his stay here, but what courage could he bring himself to?

His father abandoned him in a forgein land with a purpose of "bring back our fallen nation", when he was just an ordinary child. Found and was adopted to a well family, was reminded for the sake of his 'home', and what's worse was一