55

Go grab a snack and a blanket and get comfortable. It's a long one x

...

October

Amelia

The past month has probably been one of the busiest of my life. 

I officially signed on my book deal with HarperCollins a couple of weeks ago. Brian Murray, the CEO, met with me personally to sign my contracts. He said they normally don't take on newcomers in the writing industry but he thought I was worth the risk. He thinks mine and Robin's book is touching and that it'll sell massively. Of course part of that might have to do with Robin's name being listed on it, because I'm sure word will get out soon with Harry's fans, but that's okay. I know Robin would just want someone to take something from our book no matter if they're fans of Harry's or not. 

As soon as I signed my contract, book publication went underway. 150,000 copies will be distributed globally in two weeks. Brian told me that 150,000 copies might not seem like a lot but depending on how it does, we might have another order afterwards. He suspects I might sell half a million copies in the next several months. 

I nearly choked on my own saliva when I heard that. 

If, and that's a big if, I do wind up selling that many copies then Brian said my pay will be adjusted accordingly. I'll receive a bonus and then collect royalties from there. He didn't give me a specific amount for what I'd make but he did give me an estimate and...well, it's a lot. 

I've already made half a million dollars just from signing the contract. Half of that was already given to me in the form of a nice, fat check and the rest will be given after a certain amount of books are sold. Immediately I cashed the check and then straight from the bank, I went home to Harry in our New York City apartment. Once there, we closed on another house in London. 

We've been eyeing that one house he showed me back in June for a couple of months. I didn't just want to purchase that home because we hadn't explored other options, so every now and then we would go on a search by looking at virtual listings and options Harry's realtor would send him. But nothing felt like home like that mansion Harry took us too. I don't know what it is about it but it just gave me a sense of comfort. I could easily see us growing old together there and starting a family. There's plenty of rooms and a large backyard, as well as that tennis court Harry is obsessed with. I wasn't even aware he liked tennis but apparently he does. I wound up buying him some tennis shorts for him after we closed on the house and I swear I've never seen him so happy. They're a little short though but quite frankly, I don't think I'll mind that. 

I also felt comfortable buying this house because I knew I'd be able to chip in for it. I don't have nearly as much as Harry does but I have enough to make myself feel less guilty. I told Harry I'd be able to put $200,000 down, which is roughly £141,000, and then I could put more towards the house once I get my other paycheck. 

Harry then told me he didn't want me paying, which caused a small argument between us, but he explained it's because he came up with this idea. 

And honestly...it's not a bad idea. 

Instead of paying for our house, at least right now, I'm going to take my money and purchase one for my family so they can come visit Harry and I whenever they want, or just come to England for a getaway. I know they could just stay with Harry and I but since I'll be moving to England officially, I thought them having their own house would make England feel like home to them as well. Selfishly it would also make me happy so this was a compromise I could come to with Harry.