14 - Fire

Crackling fire.

Soldiers marching.

The unbearable heat.

The wails and screams of the tree nymphs as they scrambled to escape their own home.

That's all that plagued your mind as you ran. You had no idea where you were going you just knew you had to run.

You couldn't help but blame yourself. Maybe the dream you had the night before was a warning. But you decided not to listen to it.

You and Jimin had gotten separated in the chaos. You hoped that the tree nymphs made it out alright but you assumed that the worst had happened.

Despite the rain, the fire still managed to burn strong, as it engulfed the trees. You were soaked to the core you wanted to stop running but continued, if not to save yourself, then to save everyone else.

You didn't know if anyone was following you and you didn't want to chance it by looking back. The rocks and sticks didn't feel good underneath your bare feet and you cut your foot several times, not to mention the exhaustion finally began to set in. The rain wasn't helping either, despite your lightweight clothing it made you feel heavier and freezing.

As you were running someone reached out and grabbed your arm and pulled you into the shadows, wrapping you in some kind of cloak.

You were about to shout at this mysterious person but you heard footsteps running in your direction.

"She went this way!" You heard someone shout as the footsteps passed you and faded into the distance.

You looked up at the person who had helped you to try and figure out who they were. It was hard to make out their features in the dark but you recognized them as the head of the royal guard of Vraitis, as he would always stand by the king and queen when you met them.

When the footsteps finally faded he looked down at you,

"Are you alright, Princess?" He questioned.

You nodded, out of breath from all the running.

"Come with me," He stated as he started leading you through the forest.

The two of you walked in silence, occasionally hiding in bushes or behind trees from Worden soldiers that you came across, using the sound of the rain and nighttime to your advantage.

After a while of pure silence and not seeing any threats you decided it was safe to ask questions,

"How did you find me?" You began.

"That siren, Yoongi could tell you were in the area and his highness sent me to get you." He replied.

"Hoseok and Yoongi? They're alright then?" You asked.

"They're safe for the moment, yes."

"What about everyone else?"

"I'm unsure of their whereabouts for the moment, we'll have to get to safety to find out."

You nodded and continued to silently follow the head guard.

♡◇♡◇♡

The two of you arrived at a curtain of vines in the middle of the forest. The head guard pulled them away, allowing you to walk into the clearing that the vines were concealing.

There were several tents in the area and a fire pit and other amenities such as benches made from logs and torches that dimly lit the clearing.

You looked around the clearing for familiar faces but the only one you saw was Hoseok.