15 - Feelings

The days had been hectic ever since you went on patrol with Seokjin. Worden soldiers would often be in the forest searching for your campsite and they've been on high alert, making patrols incredibly difficult. You didn't go on patrol very often, but when you did, you were nearly always accompanied by Namjoon or Seokjin. You began to notice that it was your seldom irrational decision-making that brought Hoseok to have them keep an eye on you while on patrol.

The thought that you were supposed to be a leader yet had three babysitters made you feel insulted. Of course, you kept these frustrations to yourself, only ever expressing them in your journal every so often.

If you were to be perfectly honest, most things had annoyed you in some way or another. Whether it be Jimin's constant flirting or Seokjin's nagging. Often you would get frustrated with yourself for being mad at something so minuscule. It was an awful cycle that was only enhanced by all of the responsibilities you were attempting to balance.

"Adjust your form," Jungkook advised while you were training one evening.

You began learning how to fight with a sword once you had gotten better with fist fighting and the like. You did as you were told and adjusted the way you gripped the sword and your feet.

"No," He said, walking up to you, "Like this."

He went to readjust the way you held the sword and you quickly pulled away from him.

"I can do it myself," You snapped with frustration.

Jungkook silently backed off and you looked over at him, groaning before tossing the sword on the ground. You rubbed your face to try and get yourself to relax but it didn't help much.

"Y/N, is everything alright?" Jungkook questioned, calmly awaiting your response.

You slumped down onto the ground, trying to recuperate and clear your head.

"I'm fine... it's just..." You trailed off not knowing how to explain your feelings.

"Just?" Jungkook pushed for you to answer as he went and sat down on the ground next to you.

"I don't know, I just feel angry all the time," You paused, turning to him looking for solace, "Is there something wrong with me?"

He stared at you with concern for a few moments before replying,

"No, emotions are a natural thing, Princess,"

"But to be angry at everything all the time?"

"I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as you aren't causing your own detriment through that anger."

"What if I am?"

"Maybe you need a better coping mechanism, I hear talking about your emotions help,"

"What do you think I'm doing right now?"

"I meant talking about why you're feeling the way you are."

"And if I can't explain why?"

"Then I'll be waiting for when you can explain it,"

You smiled slightly, feeling reassured knowing that he'd be willing to listen if you needed him to.

"Pardon me for the intrusion," You heard a voice interject from behind.

Both you and Jungkook turned around to see Seokjin standing behind you with his arms behind his back.

"What the fuck do you want?" Jungkook growled as he stood up.

You glanced over at him to see his brown eyes fade into a blue color as he glared at Seokjin. At first, you thought it was your imagination, trying to blink away the blueness in his eyes. Upon realizing that his eyes turning blue wasn't a figment of your imagination, you noticed that they were the same bright icy blue color of Isla's eyes in Jungkook's drawings of her.